Illhaven continued by Kew

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
illhaven_104fix.rar

Update for those who downloaded the whole pack. I am currently reuploading the whole pack with this map fix included.

EDIT: Uploaded the updated whole pack.

Last edited:

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Leo or Anyone,

I have an earlier Illhaven (Illhaven_Saga.zip) installed. What do I have to do when installing this current version?

That is, remove the earlier version? Install over the top? Or?

Thanks,

Freddie

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Leo or Anyone,

I have an earlier Illhaven (Illhaven_Saga.zip) installed. What do I have to do when installing this current version?

That is, remove the earlier version? Install over the top? Or?

Thanks,

Freddie

No need to remove anything, these maps have all new filenames.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Hey Leo,

Thanks, I downloaded and installed the new Illhaven. I've played some maps, and I can say that Kew did a nice job. He's definitely thinking again, a dangerous undertaking. Even so, this looks good, despite that fact.

Freddie

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
wait, what? "Thinking" is dangerous? :lol:

:confused:

Last edited:

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
In this new Illhaven, the Command Console doesn't open when I press the tilde key. It opens when I press that key in the original Illhaven. Is this something others have noticed, or is it just me?

Freddie

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
I finished playing all he maps. Very nice! I liked the map called MOOR the best. That map proves Kew thinking is dangerous. I fell into a couple holes, like pits, while playing that map. That's not very nice, Kew. I'm going to play that map again, and this time I know those pits are there. You won't fool me again, Kew. Ha! Fun!

Freddie

Edit: Oh, and I actually read the readme file. Ha, I noticed that I had to intall the texture file UT from Unreal Tournament to play the MOOR map. I bet you thought I wouldn't notice. He he.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
In this new Illhaven, the Command Console doesn't open when I press the tilde key. It opens when I press that key in the original Illhaven. Is this something others have noticed, or is it just me?

Freddie

That makes no sense. Console works alright for me, on multiple versions..

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
I was afraid you'd say that, Leo. That situation doesn't make any sense to me either, since I can use the Command Console in my other Unreal games. I wonder what the problem is in this situation?

Freddie

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I was afraid you'd say that, Leo. That situation doesn't make any sense to me either, since I can use the Command Console in my other Unreal games. I wonder what the problem is in this situation?

Freddie

Try checking your keybinds, maybe it got erased somehow? Depends on what version of Unreal you're using though and what console, if you're using anything umenu based, the system is a bit different, the recongition of the keys. It's possible the key definition got erased somehow.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Well, Leo, I have no key binding set for the tilde key. Even so, command console opens in other Unreal maps, like in regular Unreal 1. I thought the tilde key is default for opening the command console. I'm using Patch 227h.

Hey, in Advanced Options, I'll try binding the tilde key to open the console. Can you tell me what the proper coding is for this?

Thanks,

Freddie

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, Leo, I have no key binding set for the tilde key. Even so, command console opens in other Unreal maps, like in regular Unreal 1. I thought the tilde key is default for opening the command console. I'm using Patch 227h.

Hey, in Advanced Options, I'll try binding the tilde key to open the console. Can you tell me what the proper coding is for this?

Thanks,

Freddie

Even then there are multiple console/menu types to choose, tell me what your unreal.ini reads at Console=

Well yes tilde is by default for console even without binding, but do you use the umenu console? You know the uwindows stylelike UT. There might be a problem with that or something. But anyways since this is unlikely related to the maps itself, perhaps report it to someone of oldunreal to find out the cause for you, I don't know. This doesn't happen to me or anyone else I know.

The usual command for console(the old style one) to show is CONSOLE SHOW, but UMenu uses key specific system like IK_ESC, IK_TILDE or whatever.

And it seems these commands don't work even post 224 versions:

CONSOLE FULL Make the console fullscreen
CONSOLE HIDE Hide the console.
CONSOLE SHOW Show the console.

Last edited:

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Leo, you did it again. I'm using the console that Patch 227h provides, which is the UT style. In regular Unreal, I opened the Advanced Options > Raw Key Bindings. For the Tilde key, I typed Console Show, as you suggested.

After doing that, I launched Illhaven (new one) and pressed the Tilde key. Holy cow, the console opened. Yup, you did it again. Here's a little pat on the back: pat, pat. :D

Thanks much,

Freddie

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Kew told me to upload this, it is the final release of Illhaven:

Illhaven_2012final.rar

also for the server admins at UT, the updated/new files: illhavenupdateuzs.rar

EDIT:
And yet another fix, this time rather critical, the 115 cratered UT players at one spot due to different physics, it was Bsp bug but normally not noticable in Unreal, unless you jumped around at the place. illhavenfinalhotfix.rar

Also updated previous archives.
EDIT: another update, trigger fix, is last thing though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.