Rooster - 1 more Windows 2K question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

In2Deep

May 3, 2000
Roslyn, PA USA
Visit site
I am going to reinstall the game as you suggested, but I am curious about one other thing. Right now the game only lets me play it in Windowed mode - not full screen. Do you have that problem as well with Windows 2000 or should I be able to run it either way. Thanks again.

------------------
One can not be betrayed if he has no people

Phydeaux{RoA}

Phydolike
Jan 11, 2000
Wisconsin, USA
www.bfgn.com
I'm not Rooster, but I play him on TV... ;)

I ran into that recently where I needed to install the latest DirectX7 drivers. UT ran just fine after that. UT also ran just fine with the stock drivers in Win2K, for me. (I had an issue with a slightly weird cursor thing, but that was a separate issue.)

Regards from Wisconsin,

bullet2.gif

------------------
Phydeaux|PuF
Wisconsin, USA
------------------

O

osirus

try updating your video drivers, the ones that come default with win2k usually suck. and like the post above me get the newest DirectX drivers.

i had the same problem and i just updated my voodoo drivers and everything was fine...

bullet2.gif

dancer.gif
Potshots, get your azz in here!

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Windows2000 comes with DirectX 7 installed. Be careful, as trying to upgrade using Windows 95/98 DirectX will not work, and could screw things up. However, the installer program generally is smart enough to not overwrite the correct files, but don't push your luck.

There are no current upgrades for DirectX under Windows 2000. The 7.0 to 7.0a patch is only for Windows 95/98. For more information, check out http://www.microsoft.com/directx/homeuser/downloads/default.asp

The main problem usually involves the video drivers. The drivers supplied by Microsoft are only basic 2D drivers. For video cards, the OpenGL / Direct3D / Glide optimizations are not built in, and can only be added through an upgrade to the latest driver from your manufacturer. The same is true with sound cards, especially the Soundblaster Live! series of cards.

B

BloW__Smoke

Hmm, i use the msmn version of win2k pro, and the only trouble i have is/was with my Viper V770, the normal windowed mode problem, but that was fixed after the new detonator driver for win2k, and now i only have trouble to connect my extrernal HP 7200 CD-Rewriter, as soon i turn the power on, win2k crashes, and won't boot.
And the win2k drivers are only availably when i BUY them :(
And of course my Webcam, an obscure brand, and of course no win2k support, but from this all, win2k works perfect without ANY problem here.
The only problems i have with win2k is that i don't know the OS very well yet, and things are a bit different as they where under NT or 95/98

bullet2.gif

He's part mechanic,
and part organic,
not a Cyborg.....
Call him .... XAN!!!!!

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, home of the world-famous Llama Farm

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
I hear you on the driver issue. I have a Logitech QuickCam Express which is currently useless under Win2000.

The first Service Pack just went out to beta testers this week, so we should have some more Microsoft Lovin' soon.

I found a preview for Windows Millenium Edition. Looks like they've stolen the look of Win2000. Too bad the reviewer has less than stellar writing ability.
http://www.dreddnews.com/windows_me_review.shtml

B

BloW__Smoke

Auw, that hurts rooster... didn't think you thought so low of me ;)
Of course i know that.
Its the parralel version, (scsi emulation thrue the lpt port). When i power it on ;) and boot win2k, i get the win2k blue screen :( with an error that the driver won't work with win2k and that i should remove it in safemode :( lucky me that i have more PC's, and those still run under win98, so it isn't the end of the world fir me.

bullet2.gif

He's part mechanic,
and part organic,
not a Cyborg.....
Call him .... XAN!!!!!

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, home of the world-famous Llama Farm