Don't blame me for this

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Well, I know it sounds stupid but since I haven't been around this forum until now, I was wondering what PuF means. I suppose it's "Planetunreal Forumers" or something like that. But what is it exactly, some sort of clan or a title like "Sir" which you get for special merits. I really don't know althought I'd like to.

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Yep
PuF isn't a clan.
It came about due to an inspired idea by BadAss|PuF.
We put the tags on our names so we can find each other in game.
Shortly after this #planetunreal was created (by Liquid_Sin I think, though I could be wrong :)).
People meet up in there so we can actually all play together (Roosters server is getting very popular).
There are quite a few clans who consist of all PuF's.
Ci's one, LoL and MUTTS being some of the others. There's also |C|, though they post sparingly ... well apart from Rooster who accounts for half the posts each day on this forum ;). He's got the highest post count (almost 4000 last time I checked) and is now a moderator, who along with Y5, Stallion and Alien have helped keep the "spirit" of PuF alive by making this forum such a damn fine place to visit.

The history of it is at http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=16285 , written by the ego m0 himself, LK, though it does need to be updated :)
Join #planetunreal on irc.gameslink.net before a game to meet up with the PuF's
It's always nice to see new faces :)

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
No problem Riz, here is the deal. PuF started so that we all could identify each other better while playing online. You know, you play a game with some good people and remember their names, but don't associate them with this forum. So, way back, everyone decided to create a tag to unify us online. We meet in irc.gameslink.net at #planetunreal. We play and chat together and thus created a close nit community. However, we are not a clan.

Although many will think we act and conduct ourselves as a clan, we aren't. We have no leader, but we do have rules. The rules of conduct are mainly simple common sense stuff. But, they all basically boil down to this: Don't embarass the Forum.

Since the creation of PuF, many people have joined and left. But one thing remains, the sense of community. We are not an exclusive band of people. But, we do have some standards...

So, join us for some good games...and good conversation.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Yes, you can add the tag if you want. It's totally up to you. Just get a feel, from the forums and chats, what are standards of conduct. But, please don't use LordKhaine or Dopefish as the standards. They are...well...let's just say they rode the "Special" bus to school:). J/K

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Thank you for that one. That should give me an idea of what PuF is. It really sounds interesting as far as I can tell by now.
BTW, are you also having matches sometimes? I mean only for PuFs or against any other Community? (Can't say clan, cause you're not a clan)

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
There was a PuF vs MyU a long time ago, but this ended in a bit of bad blood (see LK's history).
I believe we've been challenged by the StormCentre, but not sure.
The Euro side of PuF are having a Lan party this Saturday.
I only had to put down £130 deposit for hiring out the Lan Arena. There's about 25 of us going, it's Saturday 11pm - Sunday 9am and works out about a tenner each :)

I believe it was PuF|Herston & Wacky who started it of, but they've both had to drop out and myself and Inflictor have carried on the organisation from there.
It should be fun.
Zaccix has got a webpage up which will soon contain photos of LK handcuffed naked to the bus stop outside the police station in Nottingham at 4am Sunday morning :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I've been registered since February, but I've really been hanging out here for the last month or two.

Things that are frowned upon:

Skin Cheating
Spawn Sniping
Spawn Camping
Portal Camping
Spamming

Skin Cheating is just that, CHEATING

The rest are just llama (lame) tactics.

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Most of us play CTF here, and thats what he runs (though I think he was doing RA at one point). I'm not sure if he's east coast.....
*PMB makes a stupid hand gesture*

......or west coast....

*PMB makes another stupid hand gesture

......or central.....

*PMB scratches his arse as he doesn't have a gesture for that one*

Not that it matters to me, I'm on the other side of the big pond in Britain so they all ping crap anyway :)