If this is so realistic....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dangerous10K

Armed and as always Dangerous
Nov 26, 2000
Then there should be different models, i mean how many times does the US military kill each other
there should be terrorist's,hitmen, and other military's who Clearly have different faces like; middle eastern,asains and other races

(no im not racist)

{i bet i get 10 replys that say..you biggot bastard son of a bitch blah blah)

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
I think it would be a matter of different skins as much as different models. Though there is at least 1 new player model coming w/ 2.85 I believe. Take a look at the Dec 10 update on the INF news page...

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

Dangerous10K

Nov 26, 2000
i didnt mean it that way i forgot about the model skin thing i jus meant something different than camo like the old one

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
please!

yes, because, as we know, soldiers from different armies tend to have some type of different shape, so different skins just wont do. :p

heh, they're making new models anyway. :rolleyes:

visor_sig.jpg

**** **** off

Dangerous10K

Nov 26, 2000
It should be more Terrorist/SWAT/Special Ops instead of different militarys so it gives it some depth

LordSpoon

Nov 7, 2000
I was being sarcastic, one soldier is fine.
Look on the roadmap, it says they're planning to add player models just like that anyway.

visor_sig.jpg

**** **** off

.Sniper187.

Weekly War Founder and Real Maps Reviewer
Aug 5, 2000
weeklywar.sobservers.com
ermm, I thought Infiltration was going for more of a military style mod than Terrorist/Counter-Terrorist? Too many other mods out there already do T vs. CT.

infsoldier.gif

Sniper187

Jackal<QSF>

One of the last INF OG's!!!
Jul 13, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Stupid people how in the hell can you comaper INF to TO and CS

TO and CS = cops and robbers

INF is around the world MILITARY

we dont use the military to go hunt down terrorists

INF was the first mod for UT. TO and SF and CS and all of them where a bit like INF but not fully

Death smiles at us
all..All you can do is
smile back =)
http://anglefire.co
m/games/jackal15/3.ht
ml

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
I'm totally into the millitary theme. So I would be the first one to protest Infiltration becoming a t vs ct game (although there is little chance of that; despite a strong contingent of people who either a) think that is what this game is or b) would like to see this game become that), however, I think it would be cool to have at least a small percantage of terrorist skins SINCE terrorist DO attack millitary targets. In fact often. I can speak confidently of American troops being trained about terrorist threats. Not heavily but the millitary has a few classes they like to throw at us which involve personal security etc. Especailly oversea's troops. Do I think that these skins should be a pressing matter? No. Maybe after several more cammo patterns of different armies are completed then possibly some terrorist skins. But not like urban gangers that other real life games like to portray terrorist as.

Map and the world maps with you.

LordSpoon

Nov 7, 2000
I love the military theme, but it dosent quite fit some maps - Look at Urban Assault 2 and big clapper...
They've got skins for CTs anyway, but more models is always better :D

visor_sig.jpg

**** **** off

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
Well as a mapper I quess I can say if your going to make maps for infiltration make them fit the theme of the mod. I don't think it should be the other way around. Although I wouldn't trade away the maps that don't neccassarily fit the theme 100% ;)

Map and the world maps with you.

Dangerous10K

Nov 26, 2000
i didnt say i wanted conter-terrorist/terrorist i jus said to have other stuff aside from the military like...SWAT team,Special Ops,Terrorist,FBI,Police that would rule you could go around shooting cops lol

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
terrorists vs coppers is allready a possibility, you have the ct skins, and any well trainedd and organized terrorist unit isn't going to look very different, so just use ct_grey or ct_black as terrorists and have the other team dress in the classic CT_blue pretend to be swat, just naming the teams and coila a ct vs t scenario (robbuing the texas bank would be cool but it needs more surrounding terrain (like some more streets a couple of flats etc outside and a roadblock and the the robbers have to escape from the bank and make it to 1 of a number of exit points with the cash.

Crosshairs are for wimps :)

Killing stupid people is not just a hobby, it's a way of life.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Badges

It's not possible to code INF to allow small team decals on the player skins, is it?

That's be really cool if a team could have a logo, which would appear on shoulder badges and on on the helmet. Nothing huge, just about the size of a RL badge like that. That way teams could have logos, possible representing groups, countries, or just clans. It would add a great feel to the game.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
There are two ways to go about doing this:

1.) Have the ability for teams to design their own badges (which of course would require certain standards such as size, and file type), which could then be converted to UT textures and allowed as the only skin DL through a server (with a designated badge skin, there would be a very small file size, and only 1 per team).

2.) Have the INF team incorporate their own badges comprised logos and flags of common militaries and divisions (U.N Peace Force, US Army, US Marines, Navy Seals, British Army, British Special Forces, Canadian Forces, Russian Army, German Army, French Army, Chinese Army, etc...) Teams could then chose from these. As long as there was a large selection, I don't see this as a problem, and local members could even pitch in to help them out making the badges.

I prefer option number 2 as it simplifies things, and makes things easier. When a team choses their preferred skin, they could also choose a badge.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.