Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Well, that's a little harsh I think and I don't mind films that regurgitate a story and milk the popularity of characters, provided I'm pulled along by the experience.
It's the same with the Harry Potter movies.
Both franchises have 8 films in the top 20 highest grossing movies of all time, so they must be doing something right.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I'm not sure what the Harry Potter movies are doing right, to be honest. The first one was pretty good but since then they really went downhill and stayed there... I like to think they are popular because the books they are based on are such great children's books and aside from simply latching on to that popularity and selling well based on the strength of the brand-name alone even the watered down, badly directed movies have enough spark left to sell.

PotC:AWE just bored me though. I haven't seen On Stranger Tides yet but some day I will, and I expect it to be tighter than the AWE mess at least. The other two were very entertaining movies after all.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I must be one of the only people in the known universe who has never seen the Harry Potter films. I've seen bits of some movies but I've never sat down and watched one the whole way through.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
They are excellent movies. My mother is hooked; I bought her every movie on DVD and then borrowed them a week later, hehe.

She's one of the few book readers who doesn't get all holy about it, enjoys the movies as much as the books.

Once again, they are excellent movies, but only the first one really stands without the rest. You may start scratching your head if you start with any of the others (they should be watched in order).

I dont' think people need to own kids in order to enjoy things that are aimed at them.
Well, maybe some people do, but that's a different Maury Povich story.

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Cowboys & Aliens - 5/10

Wasn't expecting too much from this one tbh and it's just as well I didn't.
This is basically Fire in the Sky set to a western theme, except it's about 100 times less interesting.
Outlaws and Indians somehow overcome a hostile alien force that has the technology to travel halfway across the universe in search of gold - have an incredible arsenal of weaponry and frontline soldiers that are armed to the teeth, have incredible agility, strength and speed, yet are easily over-powered by a winchester rifle and bow & arrows with sucker-cups on the end of them.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Prestige-9/10

I've seen this flick before but:

Great story. Great cast.
(even Bowie is good in this film and Michael Caine is always good)
A really well told film story. Great director.

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
And we got to see Gwyneth Paltrow's bubbies.

Shakespeare in Love 8/10

Whilst I'm not convinced that it deserves 7 Oscars, there is no denying that this is a hugely entertaining piece, moving, funny, well-written (helps to have Bill on staff), well-played and with solid direction and production values.

If you haven't seen it then make the effort!