UT2004 Audio Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Hey everyone, I've been running into an annoying problem lately with UT2004. Everytime I leave my computer for awhile and come back, the music track has started to break up, distort slightly, and loop itself. Like a really bad echo trip.

I know I only have onboard Nvidia sound drivers, but this is the only game it is happening to. I wonder what the problem really is and how I could fix it?
Any takers?

Thanks for your time, Randy :rockon:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
I have onboard nvidia sound & their latest drivers, and I don't experience this problem in ut or any other sound apps.

What are your sound settings for the game?

It might also be that something is taking up all your ram, and your computer has to swap to keep playing music, thus resulting in you trip down Crappy Sound Lane.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Low sound detail and reverse stereo are only ones not checked on the audio/music tab, and the drop down menu is set to 3D Sound. Should I set it to safe mode maybe?

Thanks, Randy :)

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Done it, helped some then problem returned. BTW my wife is from The Netherlands, small town outside of Eindhoven called Uden.

Thanks, Randy

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Try safe mode.
I had a similar issue on my laptop and this fixed it. Unlike Unreal/UT's safe mode which means 'no sound', 2k4's safe mode just means 'stereo'.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Thanks everyone, Safe Mode did the trick! Since I've chosen this option from the drop down menu in the Audio Tab, I've had perfect stereo sound and no looping or hangs.

Peace, Randy