MouseLooking

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StrangeFish

Feb 22, 2000
Manchester, CT, 06040
Visit site
I like to use the w,a,s,d keys for moving with space bar for jump. It gives you a good selection of nearby keys to assign weapons to, and is fairly comfortable as well.

bullet2.gif

Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow.

SkaarjLord

Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Do y'all think that I should start using this technique instead of relying on the gamepad? My friends say that if I get the hang of it, I can greatly improve my playing skills. So what do y'all think? If you think I should, can you give me some pointers? Or what keys I should assign to which or what keys y'all assigned to. Anything else would be OK.
Thanks.

S

STC_Wacky

From personal experience I'd have to say that the mouse+keyboard combo is a far better control method than using a gamepad or joystick.
It doesn't really matter what keys you use. Just make sure that they are all within easy reach of fingers /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[PuF]STC_Haplo

Jan 22, 2000
Scotland
utatstc.homestead.com
Yes...You should immediately discard joypad as your control method and switch to Mouse+Keyboard the level of control and the ability to look around whilst staying on the move in another direction are unrivaled with this combo control method.

Of course at first you will be rusty but keep at it and you will soon discover that you dont know how you managed b4 switching over..

Well thats my 2p worth.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Two in the heart and one in the head....Always leaves the enemy dead....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
Well I think you should get the Intellimouse Explorer...it has a sensor instead of a ball, so it is very accurate. Besides, mice are much more accurate than game pads anyway.

bullet2.gif

"¡Te jodes, eres mierda!"