Backpacks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
We want to give the medic and mech a backpack. So players can indentify which class is mech or medic.

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.home.versatel.nl/waverstr13/backpack_example2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Please give your opinion!

Klasnic_E

Inevitable
Oct 13, 2005
Ok, its color coded, but i need to know whtas what. so a picture of the model in the modeling program with the color coded texture would be nice :)

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
does this match the color codes?

Attachments

• backpack_example_medic.jpg
    backpack_example_medic.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 39
Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Good idea though make sure to put a big red cross on the medics backpack (kinda like what you already showed but maybe even bigger on the back) and something like a giant gold wrench on the mechanic or something. Also if you could put it on their chest or front of their helmets that would help.

Or you could always go with the HUD icon I suggested a while back that hovers over their heads. This is a neat compromise though as it won't clutter up the interface as much.

Let's face it. The mod is action based and not really meant to be stealthy so the camoflouge is mostly for looks anyways....so why not make it easy to identify who is who?

Just my .02 bucks.

Last edited:

satchef1

Mar 15, 2006
putting a great big medic/mech sign on the front of the player would be a bad idea surely? it would basically be a "shoot me please before i build/heal people" sign. like the idea of it being on their backs though

btw, hi and nice mod :)