Assassin's Creed 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
zfRML.jpg

And then you find out the twist is that the redcoat is really the assassin.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Did they forget to change his costume so that he at least kind-of-sort-of resembled the populace and didn't look COMPLETELY out of place at all times?
There are splashes of blue on there, so obviously he will blend in.... right?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
And if you pretend that his outfit is muddy-brownish-white instead of stark-white.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The premise is cool for sure, but the outfit... I think he fit in better in previous games by a long shot.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I think it's because we're accustomed to the cloaked stranger archetype in our generic pseudo-medieval mishmash period-pieces and fantasy movies, but not in something that's set during this period.

I think they did a pretty good job tuning the outfits into certain periods with relatively small changes.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO4wR2lp_Kg
ok I'll admit it.
I don't know if I'm supposed to be blown away or appalled at the fact that they've got him free running through the trees.

is this awesome or ridiculous?
I'm honestly not sure.

maybe for the first time in AC we won't actually have a single/fixed city map to roam, but an open-world type map with the city as the hub. if they show him using parkour to free run through the tree tops then it follows that our hero might finally be able to venture across the land at will instead of being isolated to the current mission/map location.

in previous titles, once you left the city, there was no free running to speak of. you either "instant" traveled to other cities using the world map (AC2 and Brotherhood/Revelations) or rode your horse across the hub world (AC1). it seems to me that if they showcase free running in the outdoors, that the world beyond the city will be much more important now.

here's hoping.
in spite of what initially feels like a strange direction for the series, this could very well still be a great game that doesn't miss a beat.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I should note that I think the game will be good either way. It just looks kind of goofy. There were some outfits in the other AC games that looked awfully noticeable, not the least of which was Altair's outfit in AC2.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
The guys lineage is from Europe and he is from Europe... why is he helping the Americans... lol

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
The guys lineage is from Europe and he is from Europe... why is he helping the Americans... lol

Still doesn't discount him being a revolutionary sympathizer, or maybe the Assassins will be an equal-opportunity killers of both sides, manipulating the struggle as they seem fit. Perhaps he is French, as the French (by proxy of hating the British) helped the Americans.

Anywho, any guess who the Templars would be? What about Benedict Arnold (who I feel will be a major player in the game)?