Are emotions just an illusion?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
Do you experience real emotions or just act like you've been taught by the society.

If someone makes a good joke you are expected to laugh.
If someone says a sad thing you are supposed to feel sorry for that person.
If you are in a room with happy people, e.g. at a party, why should you behave like you are happy as well?

What if you don't want to play the game? If you simply don't care or are not in the mood to act like you were having some emotions in a certain situation.

What if we all just pretend to have emotions, but in fact feel nothing inside?

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
gg.gif

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Psychopaths fake their emotions. Most other people have real emotions.

You would definitely know if you felt nothing inside. And even if an emotion was just a learned reaction it would work in the same way so who cares.

What's the problem.

I agree with Jes.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Here, Polychron, listen to this song for about 10 minutes straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7fzjrx7cpc

Imagine the two robots jumping around, dancing and high-fiving each other. Then stop posting these threads, please, it's seriously getting on everyone's nerves.

Last edited:

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Oh my GOD I think I'm in LOVE
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1AQe_NF0&feature=related[/m]

Last edited:

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Do you experience real emotions or just act like you've been taught by the society.

If someone makes a good joke you are expected to laugh.
If someone says a sad thing you are supposed to feel sorry for that person.
If you are in a room with happy people, e.g. at a party, why should you behave like you are happy as well?

What if you don't want to play the game? If you simply don't care or are not in the mood to act like you were having some emotions in a certain situation.

What if we all just pretend to have emotions, but in fact feel nothing inside?
you didn't follow our advise in the suicide thread... why bother starting one about feelings?