XMP @ Clanbase

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denDay

aka DeToX
Mar 13, 2004
Belgium
Just giving you the heads-up
XMP will be arriving at Clanbase very soon now.
I'm sure some of you have been waiting quite a while for this.

I know that a lot of clan players are active on these boards so I'd like to give you the chance to give your opinion on what should be standard rules for the XMP ladder.
Right now, we have these sets of rules:
TimeLimit=40 (mins)
DeployTime=25 (secs)
TeamDamage=50 (%)
Players=7vs7

In addition the XMPTE mutator should be used for clan matches with these settings:
PlayersMustBeReady=True
ForceWinners=True (this option which XMPTE provides seems reliable enough)

Standard maps will include the retail maps and the CBP maps.

If you are a clan player and have enough experience with XMP clanwars, your opinion and suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank You,
denDay

Last edited:

chokehold

Jan 24, 2004
cbp is not used in clan matches anywhere i know of
not really suited for competitive play. except for kaminari ;)

Nept

ºØmníºNept
Jan 23, 2004
Ontario, Canada
chokehold said:
cbp is not used in clan matches anywhere i know of
not really suited for competitive play. except for kaminari ;)
Yah, that's really the only CBP map I could see being used in competition; the others are too big, or too hard on the ole vidcards. Time limit and deploy time seem fine to me.

Ðetta

ºØmníºÐetta
Jan 23, 2004
UK
I would have to agree, aside from the FPS issue I still find myself falling through the CBP maps now and then.

If that happened with a (ladder) match winning/saving arty I would prolly cry.
:rolleyes:

Liuokin

XMPTV
Feb 9, 2004
www.xmptv.com
Tell them to go ahead and use the XMPTV Mutator as it has all the functions the TE mutator has, but also includes the enhanced spectator controls if the matches were to be casted with XMPTV.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
I cant recall that spawntime in the JXL is 25 secs? somewhere around 18 sec sounds more realistic... Then there is one map that is imo suitable for more competetive matches in the CBP, which is Kaminari... maybe because it is created by Scott Dalton himself.

denDay

aka DeToX
Mar 13, 2004
Belgium
In the Jolt Winter Cup, deploy time was indeed 25secs

Again, I want to ask, if you have an opinion about the scoring system...
XMPTE provides a forced map win, thus 2 mapwins is a gamewin, in case of a draw a 3rd map is played.
Or the alternative is a system where you get 1 point for each artifact you have left at the end of the match and 5 points for an energy drain.

Nept

ºØmníºNept
Jan 23, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I prefer the best of three scenario. The system used in the Jolt league would seem rather cumbersome for most I think; they have to play four maps regardless, correct? Most of us would find that a little long, as the dominate team can usually be determined in two, sometimes three, maps.

Ðetta

ºØmníºÐetta
Jan 23, 2004
UK
I prefer the 1st system.

The 2nd points based system could be seen to promote seemingly underhand tactics in a desperate attempt to hold onto some points.

With a win/lose situation, there is no question, both teams are out for glory knowing that only 1 of them with walk away victorious.
:)

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
I also prefer the best of three maps. Both teams choose one map and if they win 1 match each there will be a 3rd map which is randomly selected (except XMP-Freefall, which all clans has banned for its playability lackness).

Pointsystem should be as you said, 1 point for each arti and 5 for depleting enemies energy. But somehow I think the energy score should be slightly higher (6?) Because in 95% of all matches a team wins by artifacts... with other words - it's fking sh!t hard to score via energy!

And if it was 25 seks in the JXL I take back my words, it seemed much shorter in the maches we've played so far :p

Last edited:

[{OSN}]Bartman

[{OSN}] Clan Member
Mar 22, 2004
osn.servegame.com
to be honest i think its fine as is and as for the redeploy time i think 25seconds is fine beause if you die you shouldnt be able to just respawn and get back in on the action.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Really hope clanbases xmp ladders will get popular so we dont have to rely just on the Jolt leauges :)

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
No CBP maps please.. The FPS are bad. Most of the maps design wise aren't ready for competitive play despite the fact they are fun on pubs. Not to mention even with a reasonably respectable machine like mine(athlon 2500+ barton, 9700 pro), I sometimes get the no weapons bug on the CBP. The abuse the game engine takes on CBP maps seems to excerbate memory leak issues. It seems unfair to pick and choose the CBP maps allowed, hence the need to be arbitrary on the CBP maps and exclude them all.

Jaybo

Clanbase UTXMP Supervisor
Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
thing is guys, if we dont signup for it, then the ladder might as well not have been made.

We all want xmp ladder matches, so lets sign up

denDay

aka DeToX
Mar 13, 2004
Belgium
It's late indeed, but that shouldn't spoil the fun
As we're trying to make it a good ladder, suggestions & improvements are a must.
Our channel is #clanbase.u2xmp @ Quakenet

Status
Not open for further replies.