basic multiplayer question -

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gneville

Oct 11, 2009
I bought this game on Steam, so I don't have a game manual. .

This might sound obvious; but if I host an online game - and enable bots - how can I control how many there are?

e.g. - If I wanted a server with 10 player slots and kick things off with 5 bots, but kick them out as and when human player arrive?

Also - can I do things like this from console (I couldn't find any options in-game menus).

Many thanks!

gneville

Oct 11, 2009
er.. I think I said what I couldn't do in my question?

if I host an online game - and enable bots - how can I control how many there are?

If I wanted a server with 10 player slots and kick things off with 5 bots, but kick them out as and when human player arrive?

can I do things like this from console

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
I'd also recommend installing and becoming familiar with MapMixer, as it allows you to take much, much more control over bot allocation and numbers. Console commands will still work just fine, too, and it's great for saving multiple game configurations for online and/or offline games.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
I'm not sure, but it works fine for me when I host Listen Servers (for one other friend who also has MapMixer installed, though I don't think the clients who join need it). I doubt it would do anything for a dedicated server, though.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.:lol:
What?

[Edit] Thought so, but what the hell kind of a bot makes totally useless posts like this? I mean, I can kinda understand spam bots that post malicious links, but bots that just make some totally irrelevant statement don't seem to serve any purpose to the person who controls it.

Unless it's a sentient AI...

Last edited: