TNT2 or Voodoo3 2000?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ericagent007

Apr 27, 2000
Tucson
Visit site
Like always money is not an issue

I was wondering which card would give me better graphics and performance

Nvidias Riva-TNT2 32mb
or Voodoo3 2000 16mb\

I have 64mb pc-100 ram on a celeron 500

------------------
Life is a game.
Play it well

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
With a Celeron 500 and 64MB of RAM, I'd put my money on the V3 3000 (only like $15 more than the 2000).

bullet2.gif

Map Reviewer for Capture

Foxpaw

This Spot For Rent
The only thing the TNT2 gains you over the Voodoo3 is 32bit colors (and larger texture size but I haven't noticed much of a difference there for UT), and that is at the expense of speed. There's a pretty big hit for it. If you're looking for an inexpensive upgrade I'd wait a month or two and pick up a GeForce DDR, prices should start dropping with the release of the GeForce2.

bullet2.gif

a.k.a. [CMi]El_Phantasmo

"Yeah! I'm down-drifting slowly
Going close enough to the sky
New world gone slay the devil
Can you show me a better way to die?"
-- El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama/White Zombie

I would recommend against the MaxiGamer Xentor32 if you go with a TNT2 card. I've noticed major overheating problems with that board that pretty much causes UT to crash. I now have my machine opened up with a fan on the board to keep this from happening.

If money is not an issue, I would wait for the Geforce2. I know, I know. The whole "waiting for technology" game... :)

[This message has been edited by Mr.Smallberries (edited 05-04-2000).]

Foxpaw

This Spot For Rent
You don't have to wait for the GeForce2 if you don't mind spending $350 for a vid. card. Elsa's Gladiac GeForce2 is already out.

bullet2.gif

a.k.a. [CMi]El_Phantasmo

"Yeah! I'm down-drifting slowly
Going close enough to the sky
New world gone slay the devil
Can you show me a better way to die?"
-- El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama/White Zombie