luxxiz vs killu tonight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dirdmister

Apr 12, 2004
Birmingham, England
dirdmister.bravehost.com
Tonight at 21:00CET (20:00GMT) we will see the much awaited clash between kiLLu and the peoples favourite luxxiz in the semi-finals of Clanbase's prestigious Eurocup.

The pair have only ever played eachother once in an official match, which was in the ESL European Nations Cup. In this meeting kiLLu took a comfortable win in straight maps with luxxiz struggling to cope with the pressures of the nation.

Now he plays for only himself and without dropping a single map throughout the entire tournament, he is certainly the favourite to take the win in the rematch. Not only has kiLLu lost a map but he's lost a full match (2-1) to eSubaH&nn!bal in the group stages of the tournament. Both players have been swayed by Quake 4 and therefore lack the amount of practice they may have once had.

I managed to get a few words with both competitors and get their thoughts on how the game: -

luxxiz said:
Hopefully the match will be close but ends in my favor. He said in his interview that ironic was his favorite map so I guess he will pick it against me aswell and I hate that map so.. So I'd say 2-1 in maps to him! =)
kiLLu said:
I've played luxxiz only once at the enc versus Sweden last year. I won easily by 2-0. This time I doubt it's gonna be as effortless as last year due to his great performance during the group stage. It's not possible for me to predict how the match will go because this is the thing that makes the game exciting. Nevertheless I want to win this.

The winner will go on to face ScrMz! in the finals competing for $250 and the title as Europe's best UT2004 dueller, while the loser will face roBBe for third place. This is not a match you want to miss!

Time of match
21:00CET/20:00GMT/15:00EST (i think) 30/01/2006

UTV & shoutcast
tba

IRC channel
#luxxiz_vs_killu @ quakenet

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Nope. It just describes a server beeing used to relay spectator mode to many clients.

All you need to do is connect to the given IP like you would normaly to a game... hey presto. (usually ;))

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
hal said:
I guess any game with the name Quake is bound to sway players, no matter how uninteresting the multiplayer game is.

So true.

Who did this interview? You Dird? I somehow got the feeling it wasn't you.

I didn't know luxxiz was the people's favorite either. Maybe Beynd did the interview.

Anyway I think I willl root for killu as he is the underdog in my mind. I predict luxxiz gets 6+ headshots in the first two maps. I will definately watch tho, should be exciting.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
hal said:
I guess any game with the name Quake is bound to sway players, no matter how uninteresting the multiplayer game is.
Well said. It swayed me for about three days before I realized how f**king horrible it was.

Just in case people aren't aware, any Euro UT happenings will more than likely be posted over at Unreal North.

I'm rooting for Luxxiz.

Dirdmister

Apr 12, 2004
Birmingham, England
dirdmister.bravehost.com
ALG said:
Who did this interview? You Dird? I somehow got the feeling it wasn't you.
I didn't know luxxiz was the people's favorite either. Maybe Beynd did the interview.

i did the interviews, articles here and hes the peoples favourite because i wrote it for a scandinavian site and jus copy and pasted to here

Linten said:
I'll be there, can't wait... Meanwhile, is there a demo of ScrMz! vs Robbe about? :(

map 1 and 3 are being uploaded to UN later

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
That's not what happened. I've seen that before in other demos. That's what used to happen when the game thought you were using a speed hack. Probably is still what happened but they just got rid of the message. If you'll notice both the players were affected.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Quite dissapointing really. UTV had to be restarted twice and first round it lagged so horrible.

I could only watch second map 1/4th in. And well it was dissapointing how luxxiz didn't really catch up to kiLLu.
I liked where luxxiz almost had the control of the map, but then kept on jumping into kiLLu's sec flak and combo's.

Last edited:

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
I saw all of Rough and the first half of Ironic, the UTV servers were crazy!
Turns2Ashes said:
That's not what happened. I've seen that before in other demos. That's what used to happen when the game thought you were using a speed hack. Probably is still what happened but they just got rid of the message. If you'll notice both the players were affected.
Oh. Okay. I don't understand any of that after "That's not what happened" but I get the point :).