AGP Textures + Fog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Robmonster

Mar 26, 2001
www.d3fx.com
Can anyone tell me what this option in D£D Rendering does?

Under what circumstances should it be on or off?

Also, was playing Hydro-16 t'other day. I noticed that the fog up by the shield belt was missing. Any ideas why?

RM

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I guess you already found the advanced options.

No idea about AGP textures, but I turned them off.

Fog: It's either volumetric lighting or vertex fog
I myself found that no fog on Hydro helps a lot :)

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
Could it higher my frames if I turn the fog off?
I mean it's sorta like cheating :D
I cranked up the brightness higher then normal so I can see the dark shaded areas a bit more like on Deck16 since Meelobee killed me so much times from the place under the redeemer.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
:eek: The~oreca is a self-confessed brightness CHEATER! ;)
AFAIK turning fog off on lower spec. systems does help a bit, AGP textures should be turned off unless your GFX card doesn't have much memory (<16MB.) as it uses system memory to store textures via the AGP bus.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
AGP tedxtures slow the machine down way too much, i think it was suposed to tell the card to use most of its AGP bandwidth. i think ill try it again later to se if theres any effect. but vertex fog will need volumetric lighting enabled to work, u will tell if thats on by lights with lines in them.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I think fog is turned off in D3D by default. I could see it fine with my Voodoo card, but when I switched to a GeForce based card it disabled the fog.