Sorry, Not To Complain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Before I point out any bugs I have to say that this new patch is really great. The new guns are good, the new distance sounds are wonderful, the bullet shells hitting the ground are nice, the implemented shoulder gun position is helpful, and the map pacific camo's rock.
But with the good comes the bad. This is not to the fault of the Inf team. I know they do their best. I couldn't program ****. Really. But sadly another game changing bug is evident, one that has already plauged our gaming.
It is back and deadly. The LEAN BUG. It is not as constant as before but happens many times. The player models do lean most of the time but they never appear around the corner. This is having the same impact on the game the invis bug did and I'd imagine it will only get worse as the days pass. So I have to ask the team to once again remove the lean feature until it works properly all the time as I'm sure people will learn why it does not work and abuse it to the max.
Not to rip the team or anything. Infiltration is the only thing I ever play, its really really fun. But this is a bug that must die just like it did before and just like the invis bug.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I too have noticed this problem. You're right that is less common than it was in 2.85, but it does occur on occasion, and could likely be reproduced. It seems to be more of an issue when leaning in the opposite direction of the shooter's firing hand (leaning left for righties, or the opposite).

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
I think what is happening is what people thought the original lean bug was. The player model does not lean as far as the player's perspective shifts. The only way to fix this would be to redo the leaning animation, or reduce the distance the player can lean. I don't know how UT handles model animations, but redoing them could be very time consuming if each frame of the animation has to be explicitly created. (Many 3D modeling programs will only require some key frames and a little other info and will generate all of the frames in between.)

Saving Private Raptor

What The ^%&;*$!!!
Dec 5, 2000
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
First I got to say: Great update guys. :) Me really likes the FN P90 :) :)

Ok now have you guys notice this:

For me the Camos don't work properly, in that only Team A's Camo will change and not Team B when you change maps :( and the other thing is that the P90 aiming is not correct sometimes. With the aiming go to a window, then go to aim mode, then lean, the iron sight starts to get closer to you, when you aim the dot right on the guy, and then you shoot, your hitting nothing and the place your hitting is always above the person your shooting at!!!

Shot0001.jpg

Is the aiming supposed to be like this or is this a bug??? And is the camo problem a bug or is it just me :(

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
I've noticed this with *all* models. Due to a perspective shift when you lean, you no longer look strait down the sights of the weapon. Thusly, the iron sights will almost certainly be lying to you.

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
Ok since Cypher was complaining ingame not to long ago because he couldn't kill us "lean whores" which is really ironic, and I pretty much knew he would post something. I haven't noticed a thing wrong that wasn't present to begin with. Things are allot smoother, sounds are great, but then again just because there are a few things that I don't agree with, say the m16/gL literally over dominating the game due to no gun balance (more guns), the lack of INF player intelligence(and I don't mean AI), does NOT mean they should change it because "I" say so. I have eyes and well I do not see a problem with the lean at all, also remember everyones game is different. I think that the camos changing every map is one of the best ideas yet. But it is really starting to look like if players cant kill eachother really easy or can't launch some sort of massive gun battle, but have to use some tactics/skill ,instead of being able to see everyone as clear as day rush shot em up style, they will not like the game and complain (hence this thread), this is called the "cs" syndrome, basically it will turn into it if they have to make everyone happy, believe me I know its the mentality but the update is great, just need some new maps,some more guns a couple fixes and were golden...

I just figure if ya don't like it then make your own mod, cause everyone obviously has to bite a bullet with something.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Why do I want to make this game like CS or use no tactics because I believe there is a lean bug. This is just some poor defence to ruin my credibility. I did have this argument with you but I did not mention your name in any way, but you come here and insult me (indirectly - I'm not stupid).
But oh well.
But I still persist there being a lean bug. Others agree with me. I have played on about 4 servers tonight where this does happen so I believe it to be a problem with Infiltration not in my own comp. I should add that others on those servers do experiance the same thing.
But as pointed out by Antedeluge the models animation may be at fault not the code. Not to say its the animators fault or anything. No one can expect anyone to get something as intracate as that right the first time. But I do believe Antedeluge is right in saying there is a difference in the models view from what the player sees.

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
so basically you are trying to get what you want...
that is exactly what I said and you totally missed my point, which was expected. Credibility? I simply told the truth only thing that would make your credit around here go bad is yourself, I just point out the bottom line. Lashes like this in itself is what changes games for worse, Im not trying to change it I go with the flow and Ill be damned if Im going to cry about something that is not obvious, a big deal or not my way.Sorry its just how it works.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Ok....

So if something is not working properly on your job sight you would not point it out? You would go with the flow? This is not a job sight but the same logic applies. If something is not working you bring it to the attention of the team (or boss on a job sight) to be fixed. At least I do, since I do not know you, I can't say what you would do.

As for personal comments, or anything of that nature, I will refrain from this becoming a flame war. This post does take a bit of a personall stance - I am saying I will refrain from name calling and such. I hope you can do the same.

-EDIT-

I should add that other people have seen it as shown by there post here in this forum.

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
I am not calling names here...wtf are you talking about?
The point is , there is no problem with the lean, you do not like it the way it is there for you want it changed.Period. Some people are agreeing with the lean not being right, that is because they feel the same way as you do about it.Period. There is allot of things I think are the same way and others do to, but I'm not trying to change it.
Like I said before bite the bullet. And if it does end up being taken out, that will be exactly what I meant by the syndrome, can't get what I want change it to what I want. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this, boggles my mind. I see people lean, it looks fine to me, others it looks fine too (INF team),a few people don't like it so lets complain to have it changed. I just think its getting tiring hearing more complaints then ideas and compliments. Be apart of the solution not the problem. Deal with it for now and go with the flow...If there is a problem I think they will know about it, so its pretty much useless consistently complaining which is all I see. And its funny how you mention job because at my work this is the customer, MY EMAIL IS DOWN MY EMAIL IS DOWN!!!
I think I know the ****ing email is down.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Alright.

What happened last time the leaning didn't work right? It got taken out. Thats because it wasn't working and it was an unfair bug. So whats so different now? It still doesn't work properly for the most part. It just doesn't work for a different reason. So does that mean it should not looked at? It should just stay because you can deal with it? I don't think so. Thats why this is a beta version! Things are not finished right now and as such bugs, or for the sake of argument what appears to be a bug, should be pointed out to the team. Otherwise how would this game improve? Take no offence by this, but people who don't say anything don't help anything. I personally want this mod to improve and will point out bugs or what people say are bugs in hope that the team can either dispell the myth of fix the bug. Furthermore why would pointing out a possible bug be a bad thing?

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
I guess not, I'm pretty sure I covered what you said though. You think I should just "bite the bullet". But I don't see why.

Fine I think theres a problem and you don't. Ok. But what if I'm right? Maybe it should be looked at. If I'm wrong I will "get some skill" like you said on the server and will adapt to the leaning. But if I'm right then it needs to be fixed. And this bug, if I'm right, is too big not to fix.

And in your second to last post you said, and I quote:

"Deal with it for now and go with the flow...If there is a problem I think they will know about it, so its pretty much useless consistently complaining which is all I see. "

Ok, since I was the first person to point out this bug I don't see constant complaining on my part. Second they put this patch out with the bug (assuming I'm right) so maybe they did not see it - thus it needs pointing out.

-EDIT-

I was incorrect in saying I was first to mention the bug or what could be a bug. It was mention in another post before me. But I was first to start a full thread about it.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
And Also....

I read your first post and since you did not insult me directly I have to say that you did not "call me a name". I saw it as an indirect insult but I may have read more into that was meant.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
I think Cpt.Cypher is right pointing out the possible bug. I just don't agree with him in saying that it should be taken out. I'm just so glad that online leaning is back.:) It should certainly be tweaked more to get it right, though.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
I think leaning is fine. But I would rather have it out than in if it will take time to tweak. Obviously leaning is a good tactic and will help Inf toward making a great military mod (moreso than now) but if it doesn't work right I don't think it should be in - unless they can make a quick fix.