What if Jesus was gay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
There is no such thing as an Internet argument with a Christian, because they are commanded to "sell your possessions and give to the poor." Since reading BuF requires some type of electronic device that costs more than what the apostles would have had between them, there are no Christians here.

If you were a Christian you would do what Jesus says, but you aren't one -- you're a self-righteous hypocrite of the sort Jesus is supposed to have condemned.

I have nothing against self-righteous hypocrites, of course. I'm not a Christian.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Ok, that was just too funny. All it took was one post to get him to drop the charade, and devolve into his usual wingnut rantings.
I made perfectly valid points.
both about the role of government and the inconsistencies that abound the supposed life of Jesus.

but sure, whenever you know you're beat you might as well just call it "wingnut ramblings" and not even attempt to respond to any of them.
classic religious-minded avoidance. classic TWD.

why don't you try and tell me which of my points was wingnut?
because if that's your only rebuttal then I could just as easily go around saying the exact same thing every time you speak. that's elementary at best. in your case it feels cowardly. what you're doing is known as the "don't confuse me with the facts" strategy and is a perfect illustration of why you're both religious and a conservative. especially a Mormon conservative. god forbid anybody challenges your nonsense with reality. just ignore them and call them wingnuts.

it's like Christian Science 101...

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
To be honest I really have no interest in responding to your rambling beyond my first post. I feel that letting you babble on does more to discredit you than anything, and it's hilarious to watch your reaction as you pout and throw a tantrum over a no response.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
this kind of discussion is stimulating to me. if it were not, I wouldn't engage it in the first place. I don't feel like I'm pouting or throwing a tantrum. it's pretty calm over here.

I mean, you can call it "rambling" and "pouting" until you're blue in the face.
doesn't make it so.

it also doesn't change the fact that your inability to respond to any valid point raised makes you look immature at best; dead wrong and indefensible at worst. if you could defend your ground you would. but as we know you wouldn't be able to respond even if you could. all you have is your tenuous belief system. this really is classic displacement and/or avoidance.

I'll say to you what I said to Brizz.
I don't get into these discussions because I like to make fun of religious people or something. I'm not trying to piss you off or anything on purpose.
but the subject truly and deeply fascinates me.

my degree is in PoliSci and business, but whenever I had a free elective class to fill in college I chose comparative religious studies and psychology courses.
why people believe what they believe is incredibly intriguing to me.
I mean look, Wormbo brought up the exact same point that I did about the inconsistencies regarding the church doctrine on the life of Jesus.
but you didn't respond to him either. you made me the scapegoat for criticism because, I guess, I was the most vocal. and then you ignored all points raised.

is he a rambling wingnut because he shares my concern?
your petty debate skills (AKA the other guy is wrong because I said so, even though I don't have to say why) seem to have inconsistencies of their own.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Wingnut-hardware.jpg

How these things can go on an internet gaming forum and debate religion is beyond me.

Perhaps I should...

3Oxsb.jpg

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
:lol: This thread pwns. Jacks, way to put the logical beat-down up in this bitch. Totally changing my avatar.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Jacks, you're banging your head against their ignorance and fear. It's a typical religious comeback. Derision to cover their fear of being proved wrong.

We atheists are free to think for ourselves. We don't need to talk to an imaginary friend to solve our problems or look in a book to tell us what is right or wrong.

Dealing with life and the responsibility for their own actions scares religious people.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
this kind of discussion is stimulating to me. if it were not, I wouldn't engage it in the first place. I don't feel like I'm pouting or throwing a tantrum. it's pretty calm over here.

I mean, you can call it "rambling" and "pouting" until you're blue in the face.
doesn't make it so.

it also doesn't change the fact that your inability to respond to any valid point raised makes you look immature at best; dead wrong and indefensible at worst. if you could defend your ground you would. but as we know you wouldn't be able to respond even if you could. all you have is your tenuous belief system. this really is classic displacement and/or avoidance.

I'll say to you what I said to Brizz.

I mean look, Wormbo brought up the exact same point that I did about the inconsistencies regarding the church doctrine on the life of Jesus.
but you didn't respond to him either. you made me the scapegoat for criticism because, I guess, I was the most vocal. and then you ignored all points raised.

is he a rambling wingnut because he shares my concern?
your petty debate skills (AKA the other guy is wrong because I said so, even though I don't have to say why) seem to have inconsistencies of their own.

Well stated. I, too, am fascinated by what people will believe and will get on the religious bandwagon over. Most of what they preach against and go nuts over as 'sinful', would probably cause their god to toss bolts of lightening at them rather than the sinner. And, quite honestly, how anyone can fall into belief of scriptures written by mere men, who, by all accounts would have been considered 'nuts' if they were alive today trying to write and promote the same things. What makes a 'prophet' then any more wiser and holier than a 'prophet' now? Lemmings. :rolleyes:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
but you didn't respond to him either.

I'm sorry, you're right. I should respond to wormbo. Unlike you, he's always been respectful to others, and he doesn't live under some delusion that he's somehow more enlightened than the rest of mankind.

AFAIK the Bible ignores about 30 years of Jesus' life and the entire story about his birth may be a pure invention as well as it was added much later than the other stuff. He might as well have been married - there's no evidence against it.

This is totally true. There are several texts that were not included in the bible that were afterwards destroyed. Remember that my religion is based on another account of Jesus visiting America after his resurrection, and i believe in time we will uncover more scriptures. There's no way for us to know for sure at this time if Jesus was married. Personally, I lean towards the idea that he was married.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Remember that my religion is based on another account of Jesus visiting America after his resurrection, and i believe in time we will uncover more scriptures.

Jesus came to the new world when???

Santa in Somalia?

The Easter Bunny in Egypt?

Buddha in Belgium?

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VxVI8dja-0[/m]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.