Battletech Timelines Modeling Contest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Battletech Timelines, a UT2004 modification, is holding a contest to model their custom SLDF Battle Armor. Contestant must notify general_raingod@msn.com by December 10, 2004 for specs on the model. All entries must be complete by 11 PM EST December 19th 2004.

Contestants will have 2 week to complete the model and they will have a chance to win one of two prizes. The first a miniature of the Bushwacker donated by CWonders one of our mappers, the second prize is a content pack for game engines donated by our good friends at Draysoft.

Check the site for more details on the rules.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Making contests seems to be the way to try and add content to your mod these days... :rolleyes:

Gnome

The Gnome that knows
Feb 23, 2003
Indianapolis
wormhole.tauniverse.com
|dub| said:
Making contests seems to be the way to try and add content to your mod these days... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just the next-generation way of saying "I can make the website and I have ideas and I can beta test, now I just need modellers, skinners, scripters, artists, voice actors, story writers, mapmakers, etc!" :p

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Indeed - I've seen too many sites that are exactly that.
They got some random idea - and when you go to their recruitment page - they need someone in every position bar the website making one. :)

Clawfist

i was a teenage hand model
Aug 18, 1999
Cary, NC
Making contests seems to be the way to try and gain publicity for your gfx card company without ****ing paying out the prizes these days...

Oh yeah, agreed about the random mod ideas too :X

Raingod

Jun 27, 2004
redplanet

You know what i hate people you comment on stuff and know **** about what there talking, if you don't what to participate then don't its that simple.

Clawfist

i was a teenage hand model
Aug 18, 1999
Cary, NC
pardon me jumping on my general "nvidia_screwed_me_over" habit;

the mod comment is more related to wider and more general terms, even tho such contest always make me raise an eyebrow.. no offense