Cool ideas for CTF.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DrBot

Adept
Jan 20, 2001
Austin, TX
www.geocities.com
Hey im about to start a CTF map where the flags are on 2 floating platforms (half a foot off the ground) on 2 rotating circles. Sorta like gears. The 2 circles will be moving around all the time so you get 'thrown of balance' when trying to aim or whatever. But there will be two sniper towers over hanging the rotating circles to snipe from.

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
You should put some slime, tar,lava, or a big ass pit underneath so when they fall they will get a real good whoopin up into shape, or you could put a vacuum zone below and have a funny damage string. That is what I did on one of my cool DM levels, its in space and has a cool rotating sky with a huge earth (like facing worlds) and if you fall off the side it says "%k is not in kansas anymore...". If you dont know what %k means that is the players name followed by what ever the string is.

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
You should put some slime, tar,lava, or a big ass pit underneath so when they fall they will get a real good whoopin up into shape, or you could put a vacuum zone below and have a funny damage string. That is what I did on one of my cool DM levels, its in space and has a cool rotating sky with a huge earth (like facing worlds) and if you fall off the side it says "%k is not in kansas anymore...". If you dont know what %k means that is the players name followed by what ever the string is.

DrBot

Adept
Jan 20, 2001
Austin, TX
www.geocities.com
Actually I plan to make it so that the flag is not moving but floating above the gears on a platform. Also the weapons, items and health will float too. Plus I could make some arms to push people off like Gabriel said. *thumbs up* plus the sniper tower would sort of 'hold' the gears together so it looks like a globe. The sniper tower would look like a candy cane but the 180 degree turn would be a 90 degree turn... *comments*

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
How are you going to make the flag float, it needs to be in the ground because if it isn't then it will not work, or is the flag going to be on some platform or something. Also I have a couple more questions: 1.How high are the weapons going to be off the ground? 2.Is it going to be a low gravity level? 3. Im not sure if you mentioned this already or not but is it going to be indoor or outdoor? Good luck on your map!

synergy

{ThC}XiKo
Dec 2, 2000
Well, i don't know anything about mapping, but I'll beta test it if you need any testers:)

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
The flags don't need to touch the ground. You merely have to ensure the players can get them, and you should try and think of some possibility to have them either stand on or hang from something, otherwise it will work but not look good. You can in fact attach a FlagBase to an AttachMover, but whenever the mover changes its keyframe, you'll get a message that "The [Red/Blue] Flag has been returned".

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
whoa, that was weird, it posted one of mine twice, oh well. I read somewhere that you need to have the flag in the ground,but i guess their wrong. If you are really good at editing you can make one of those maps where if you go up to the ceiling you turn around and the ceiling is now the floor, i saw it in a map i downloaded and it was confusing because you didn't know if you were on the floor or not :)

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
DM-DecyberEscherUT by EZKeel is like that but it's not a good option for deathmatch...You can't shoot thru the portals* and you'll get confused in no time.

*It's built up of Warpzones..Teleport zones which you can see through.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You are always on the floor but from the other side of the portal (which is on the ceiling) it looks like if it was the ceiling.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
OK an example:

Make two rooms far away from each other with no connection. Use two different textures on them so you will be able to recognize which room are U in. Subtract a small cabin from the wall of the first room. Use the same brush to subtract from the second room too. Zone off the two cabins and add a Warpzoneinfo actor into both of them. Specify a tag for each of them and then add the tag of the other to their URL...
Rebuild.
And play...You should see into the other room and there you should see the other texture...
You can play around with these to see yourself and so on...

If you get a HOM then you've done sth wrong...the two cabins MUST have the same size.