UT99 Remake Maplist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Akira Kurosawa

Aug 13, 2008
Liandri Mining Facility: ***
I could maybe change it up with those florescent tube lights perhaps.
Sounds good to me. :D

Nice list
What's the unmentionable map? Whenever I see numbers like that I always think dmFith, but the pic is not connecting in my head somehow...

I have good reason to believe it's DM-Fetid

Can you guess why? :lol:

Oh btw if Face is in the bonus pack then you might as well say Coret comes with UT3 :p
Oh right simply forgot, thanks for pointing that out. :D

KillBait!

Feb 15, 2006
Kosov... now there's a unique pick for a remake.

I wanted to do something a bit different, something not been redone before.. It was a toss up between this and DM-Norwich..

A lot of people wont know it.. But i have had some good CTF matches on it in my UT99 days.

What's the unmentionable map? Whenever I see numbers like that I always think dmFith, but the pic is not connecting in my head somehow...

Akira Kurosawa is spot on.. It's a marmite(TM) map.. you either love it or hate it :D

I never started out to do it.. it began life as a test map to try out realtime water reflections (which it does have) and i'm only doing it for the fun of it.. It's safe to say it should get some reaction from the community when it's released :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Akira Kurosawa

Aug 13, 2008
Akira Kurosawa is spot on.. It's a marmite(TM) map.. you either love it or hate it :D

I never started out to do it.. it began life as a test map to try out realtime water reflections (which it does have) and i'm only doing it for the fun of it.. It's safe to say it should get some reaction from the community when it's released :lol:
I'll love it, fetid was actually one of my fav dm maps along with deck. :D
A simple map, but I just loved the dankness.

Crayfish

Jun 30, 2008

Akira Kurosawa

Aug 13, 2008

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Looks beautiful. Really looking forward to this.

btw, did you guys see this?
http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=295920
"Unreal Tournament 3 Classic map pack released.. ..the map pack contains a number of remakes from Unreal Tournament"

CTF-Sprinta-classic
CTF-Brokenlimits-classic
CTF-Duku-classic
CTF-Command-classic
CTF-Terra-classic

Yes! Have you seen this? http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12066 ;)

But seriously, I wouldn't count any of them as remakes as the only retail map (which is what I think this list is intended to show) is Command and it's hardly anything like the original. It's simply two red bases spliced together with the side routes extended.

Crayfish

Jun 30, 2008
Soz Hal, had posted this in the Epic Forums version of this thread before I saw then news :eek:
Ionium, thats is a seriously gorgeous looking map! Those rich rust reds and copper green are a great scheme. Is there a Beta post for this map on the forum with more info?

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
And also I plan on using the original FireBR song as well because no other UT3 song would fit the theme properly.

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
Is there someone going to remake:

Darji Outpost
High
Noxion Bases
Ratchet

Weird choise, you might say. I'd just like to have them in my maplist for collection...
BTW, all those five maps (including Kosov) could better suit Jailbreak mod, but still fun for Flagrun too.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I made a thread here on BU if you want to link to it instead.:)

Thanks for the list, but as a list shouldn't it be better to leave opinion out? Just talking here, I don't care if you don't like my map :lol:
It would be more objective, that's all I'm striving for. ;)

Also I'm striving for cleanness so shouldn't it be better to put the WIP previews in the WIP thread? If everyone posts pictures here it could get messy real quick xD
Awesome remake btw ;)

Last edited:

Akira Kurosawa

Aug 13, 2008
I made a thread here on BU if you want to link to it instead.:)

Thanks for the list, but as a list shouldn't it be better to leave opinion out? Just talking here, I don't care if you don't like my map :lol:
It would be more objective, that's all I'm striving for. ;)
It's an opinionated thread. :p
The opinions are based on my own idea of professionalism and quality. However people are free to submit theirs and if I find them to be true they may change mine.
Your map was initially orange on my list until someone made me think to take a closer look. I still have your map in my playlist.
(and for that to happen I have to at least like it to some extent so no worries.)

Also I'm striving for cleanness so shouldn't it be better to put the WIP previews in the WIP thread? If everyone posts pictures here it could get messy real quick xD
Awesome remake btw ;)
Well all the pics here are retaining to ut99 map remakes. Making them entirely on topic.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
cant wait to see Kosov, that was a very different map and had alot of fun games on it - nice choice!

Fetid will be fun, its the same way i like playing Biohazard, a guilty pleasure ;)