Even Ground mutator (formerly DM Mixer)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Thank you. I made them today :)

Do you have any IMs so I can talk to you faster?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
OK have it working now, just have to add the GUI stuff, so expect a new release tomorrow night.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
suggestions

With restock on one empty have the start ammo set to like 999. Right now you have to emtpy the weapon and then have it switch automatically to a different weapon before it restocks the other weapon. I think you could say this in your code "each weapon starts with 999 ammo, if ammo < 998 then set ammo to 999" then you could maybe change the ammo count so it just shows an infinity sign instead of an ammo count.

Full health on kill. Mostly for use in a 1on1. When I kill my opponet I will be given full health again. This way when the other player spawns we both have 100% health all weapons no shield and you are both completely equal.

Option to only give weapons in map. Some maps don't have all the weapons. An option should be in there to keep it taht way. So if we're playing citadel I won't spawn with a flak cannon.

Ability to turn on/off individual types of pickups ammo etc. Maybe I want to have it set so that you start with all weapons that are in the level but you don't restock. You can pickup ammo in the level, but I want to turn off all the minigun ammo because the minigun is lame.

With these things I could then setup a nice 1on1 with someone. Turn on infinite ammo for weapons and only give weapons that are in the map. Then turn off all the pickups and have 100% health on kill. Then when we spawn we both are equal no matter where we spawn. If I kill the other player we will both have the same ammount of health ammo and shield, hence it's still equal. This would effectivly get rid of the current 1on1 gameplay which centers mostly around camping the powerups (map controll). Also without any shields, and not allowing them to go over 100% health it would destroy the overly conservative gameplay of current 1on1 play.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
TWD said:
suggestions

With restock on one empty have the start ammo set to like 999. Right now you have to emtpy the weapon and then have it switch automatically to a different weapon before it restocks the other weapon. I think you could say this in your code "each weapon starts with 999 ammo, if ammo < 998 then set ammo to 999" then you could maybe change the ammo count so it just shows an infinity sign instead of an ammo count.

I have considered this quite a bit, because I thought it might be a useful function. However, I don't like the idea of "unfettered unlimited ammo" that this would produce. The idea behind One Empty is that when you run out of ammo, chances are you are not going to think to immediately switch back to that weapon when you are in the middle of a firefight. Besides, One Empty is basically useless for a completely fair 1v1 game.

Full health on kill. Mostly for use in a 1on1. When I kill my opponet I will be given full health again. This way when the other player spawns we both have 100% health all weapons no shield and you are both completely equal.

Piece of cake. In the version I release tonight, simply select Regenerate from the Health Type combo box and set Regen pct to 100. This will give you 100% health every time you get a kill.

Option to only give weapons in map. Some maps don't have all the weapons. An option should be in there to keep it taht way. So if we're playing citadel I won't spawn with a flak cannon.

As before, this is something I have considered adding, especially from the example you gave of Citadel. The flak was not meant for that map. The reason I haven't added it to this version is because it doesn't seem useful. Since everyone gets the flak when the map starts, it's not really unfair....still the open/closed areas of some maps don't fit spam centered weapons like that. I'll continue considering this.

Ability to turn on/off individual types of pickups ammo etc. Maybe I want to have it set so that you start with all weapons that are in the level but you don't restock. You can pickup ammo in the level, but I want to turn off all the minigun ammo because the minigun is lame.

IMO this is quite a ways beyond the scope of this mutator. Maybe some others can offer their opinions?

With these things I could then setup a nice 1on1 with someone. Turn on infinite ammo for weapons and only give weapons that are in the map. Then turn off all the pickups and have 100% health on kill. Then when we spawn we both are equal no matter where we spawn. If I kill the other player we will both have the same ammount of health ammo and shield, hence it's still equal. This would effectivly get rid of the current 1on1 gameplay which centers mostly around camping the powerups (map controll). Also without any shields, and not allowing them to go over 100% health it would destroy the overly conservative gameplay of current 1on1 play.

Regenerating ammo is probably your best option. If you set the Ammo Rech Rate to 1, it will recharge fast enough that it won't make any difference. By the time you fire once and wait for the cooldown, you already have 1 back. As far as I can tell, though, small variations in ammo, health, or shield is pretty negligible.

Please some others give their opinions. Also, A NEW VERSION IS RELEASED! D/L FROM THE FIRST POST!

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
And the Minigun lameness goes on and.....

TWD said:
Option to only give weapons in map :tup: . Some maps don't have all the weapons.

You can pickup ammo in the level, but I want to turn off all the minigun ammo because the minigun is lame :tdown: .
I like the idea of only getting the weapons in the map (don't alot of maps have all normal weapons anyway?).

[Rant] :mad: Why do you keep bashing the Minigun so often :nag: ? When you said "is", you make it sound like a fact, not opinion. Really, this has got to end, most people get the point you don't like the Minigun, but must you keep repeating it in different ways? If a noob really is a noob, then you should be able to take care of him/her with almost no problem, even if s/he is using the so called "noobspammer" (Minigun).

Nothing wrong with having a opinion of not likeing the Minigun, but when you keep repeating it and making it sound like a fact and all this, it has to stop :nag: . For the record I don't find anything wrong with the Minigun. Sorry if this gore a bit off topic, but this has got to end. :mad: [/rant]

Edit: I just saw the post above me.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
:lol:

[rant reply]The minigun ITSELF isn't lame... Lockdown is lame :)[/rant reply]

Try my mutator again ;)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
On having only weapons that are in the map I think you should. Yes if you all had a flak cannon in citadel it would make things equal, however a flak cannon in that map woudl just be lame. The best thing is to give the customization just have it be an option they can turn on and off.

On infinite ammo. Just add a 4th option restock on one empty restock on all empty regenerate and infinite ammo. Give options then people can set it to whatever they want. Having infinite ammo is really good for practice. A lot of clanners stick ttm on their server with warmup mode just so they can have infinite ammo.

the full health on kill totally rules.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
can I get some more feedback on this version. The next one should have a new feature you will all enjoy ;)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
cUnNiNg_StUnTs said:
You know what would be cool?

If you could code the game to make the power-ups droppable like damage amplifier if you frag some one who has it they would drop it as a new pickup item for some one else.

Of course the time it was used would have to be subtracted from the time remaining. :)

That would be cool though, I've always hated that there's no reward for fragging some one who has an advantage. Their should be at least the reward of the dropped "item of advantage" or power-up.

Done and done. I made this mutator is called Pinata2k3 after the UT mutator Pinata, which was one of my favorites. Boy was it a pain in the rear to make the Double Damage drop, though!!! :mad: Why they didn't make it an inventory item is beyond me!

Get Pinata2k3 Here (UT2003HQ)

Get Pinata2k3 Here (FilePlanet)

Ya... since we're into mutator pimpage here anyway haha. Nice mut, btw, Brizz. Dunno how I missed it previously, but it will be on my computer come this evening.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
wow I like that coding style dude! You rule (hope you don't mind me checking it out :) )

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
No, because tellefrags are still done by damage with numbers. The way shield covers now as well, it still couldn't make sense. In essence, a tellefrag would just oblitherate everything in and on the person. You really shouldn't even drop weapons when that happens, but that would be no fun.

Only in UT, when you headshot somone with armor, should they have dropped it, or the thighpads. The belt as well couldn't be dropped because it covers the same as shields do now. Problem is, tellefraging does like 1000 damage, or something similar, so I doubt that could happen without changing aspects of the TL.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well, like AEnubis said, I didn't do shields because I couldn't think of any ways for shields to exist when you die in the current game.

However, with the way it looks like things will work for UT2k4, I will have to implement that won't I? ;)

Any other requests or things that I missed? I'd be more than happy to improve this.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
I'd have to look at the code to be sure, but I don't think Telefrags do any damage, they just kill instantly. If they do do damage, it's way more than 1000 - I made a combo that adds 999health +150shield per second ages ago and the only way to kill someone using it is to telefrag :)