In this forum...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
I liked UT2004 the best. However, mostly for building maps, visualizing ideas I had. I never really played it a lot. On the other hand I liked playing UT99 but I didn't enjoy building maps for it. :rolleyes:

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
Instead of complaining that Epic is not going to do anything about the game, we could all reinstall our UT copies, create a BU clan and play some sniper-arena matches. Yeah. I mean, there is probably people still playing UT.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Replace Sniper Arena with Monster Hunt, then we'll talk.
I'd set up my old Masner Haunt server if my damn router would let people connect but it's completely retarded and no matter what settings I use, no one can get to my IP but only in that game. Everything else works fine. :/

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There's nothing worse than trying to kill one another with link gun primary in UT3. If wars were fought like that, there would be no casualties.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I believe there would be casualties, though they would be related to exhaustion and dehydration rather than plasma burns.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
It's not about Unreal hating. It's about Unreal fanboys, like you, who where an old concept by the time UT2K4 hit the shelves. By the time UT3 came along the fanboy element had basically taken a lot of the fun out of the franchise for the rest of the community.

So you discovered the Unreal franchise a couple of years ago. Great I'm happy for you. Go play with it.

Unfortunately you've missed the boat by at least half a decade.

As for other people trolling I haven't seen you do much except rag on other people's threads around here.

Go play your Unreall games sonny and let other people get on with their thing around here.
So many tears. I expected better from the BU community.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
So much hate in the air. Here, have this rose

brunocb-red-rose-18245.png

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Also, why is it everytime we have a UT related thread that absolutely must mention the horrid launch, that noone blames Midway?

I don't have any proof or anything, but it isn't lost on me that Midway went belly up just a short time after releasing this game. I don't see bankruptcy as a result of the launch, only that the launch was an attempt to save their ass. They forced it to be released early IMO.