Custom map requests for The Roost?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
I'd like each person (that visit's this thread) - to tell me their top 2 choices for custom maps that they would like to see in rotation on The Roost (208.7.42.3).

I already have (on server):

Inoxx Map pack
Bonus Pack 4

Baranco
Bollwerk105
Conquest
Glacier][
Horus
Kilgore
LocustWind
Lucius
McSwartly][(ver2)
Noce
Nokeep
OldSkool
ProjectX
Ranel
SkaarjOutpost (is that part of a bonus pack?)
Terra
ThornsV2
TNCTF40
TwinValley2

You can choose from these or any new ones. Serious suggestions only.

Thanks,

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
SkaarjOutpost is not part of any bonuspack.

I like:
CTF-ArcticOutpost (it's part of some WinterMappack)
CTF-NalisAzure][

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
Even though I rarely play CTF online, I'd vote for Kilgore and umm TwinValley][. Although I think Stronghold][ is also worthy of mention, even though no-one in the world plays this map online :( this map really kicks!

Kaz

Godlike Drunken Spammer
Jun 21, 2000
California
ThornsV2 (this is just fun)
And any other map on there that doesn't lower y already pitiful fps to an eve lower rate.

FrAnK CaStLe

m-m-m-monster skill!
Nov 11, 2000
sandiego ca
cosmicmonstersinc.com>
the new one by plutonic, ctf-revenge, is fast and easy on the framerate. Id say conquest but that map has a major bug where if the flag carrier uses the jump boots to jump above the castle, the ceiling kills him and the flag gets stuck above it (Doh!). Id then have to vote for ctf-terra.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I just played one on Blat's server. I think it was called Breathe or Breath. It was a huge map, but those are the kinds I like the most. It was great fun.

I think maps that are acceptable by p00ping Grounds or teamplay are all good bets.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
morety: that would be an old map by ulukai ctf-breathe...from like july or something

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
oh ya, also someone mention nalisazure][ this map is more of a looks map ....and it has fairly high polys(just letting you all know)

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
I think maps in a server's rotation should be fun (of course) and have good variety. Most servers plays mostly indoor maps, which gets rather samey. Variety in maps rotation can do wonders, prime example is CTF-Thorns. Here's my map suggestion:

1. CTF-BlackRiver2a : Its a medium size, 2-fort style, 100% outdoor map in broad daylight. The map is rather simple, but then popular & fun maps are the simple ones e.g. face and thorns. And there's no sniper rifle in this map. Here's a screenie of ctf-blackriver:

blackriver2.jpg

2. CTF-Bedrooms : Its a "small people" map, small/medium size map set between 2 bedrooms. It should be fun and it sure adds variety.

I would also like to play a CTF in an urban environment, but there are not many good ones out there. CTF-Urban is good, but the staircase leading to the flag is too narrow, defenders can just spam the area, but I suppose there is alternative, you could translocate to the flag area from nearby rooftops.

Anyway, that's my 2 choices.

Aug 7, 2000
I don't play on the Roost often but here are some great maps....

All my screenshots are really dark BTW...

Shot0003.GIF

This map is called CTF-Zeitkind.....a huge urban map with great gameplay....the graphics are good too.......
You don't need many players to have fun in this map...
If you want to test this map just ask and I'll send it to you (It's hard to get this map)

Shot0002.GIF

This CTF-Diamondsword2 AKA CTF-Diamondscythe ......this is quite a big map and too bad it has poor graphics.....The gameplay is good if you have lotsa players......

Shot0001.GIF

It's too bad my screenshots are this dark.....this map is called CTF-ProjectX...it's a normal CTF map with a lot of routes to the enemy base......the map is dark (but not as dark as in my screenie) and perpect for people who like to sneak...

Shot0000.GIF

CTF-Waterworld......a very nice map with great graphics and good gameplay.....It plays very much like Lavagiant but this one's bettert.......

If you need to test one of these I'll send them...

-Revenant

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
if you remove Thorns from rotation, i'll never let you admin The Web again ;)
j/k
seriously my votes go for
CTF-ThornsV2
CTF-Football

Check out Football it's great for 5v5, by the maker of Gateways. Huge Thorns-ish open middle area. available here

and one of these days I SWEAR I'll make it back to the Roost again... (been a while)