TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Well I'm glad enough you didn't decide to go CP CTF. Played a map yesterday that was about capturing points then the enemy Intel. It was pathetic.

Since you're doing a CTF, can I recommend you make it easier for capture than say 2 Fort and Mach 4? :)

2Fort is only hard to cap on if the server doesn't limit Engineers, or your team is terrible. Most people that play CTF are terrible unfortunately. :/

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I just came out of a game on 2fort which had the funniest opening I've ever seen in TF2. Red decided to Heavy-rush us with what must've been 8 or 9 Heavies (out of a team of 16). The sight of all those Heavies (with a few accompanying Medics) coming across the bridge was one for the picture frame. I didn't get a screenie because I couldn't stop laughing. :D

Thing is, it actually worked. They managed to hold our courtyard and hay room long enough to get the intel out, over the bridge and capped.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I take back what I said about the Medic. I started to play him quite seriously lately and tonight I spent like 2 hours just playing Medic. I must say it really is a fun class! I won about 10/12 Capture point matches and stayed in first place the entire session. I kept finding the most perfect time to Pop my UBER on people to do such intense damage to the enemy team.

Even when wondering alone and some scout or something tries to pick you off, its so easy to defend yourself with the Needle Gun. I shouldn't of neglected such an awesome class. They really do make or break a team. :)

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So tonight I am going to host my arena map. It's only a layout/gameplay test.

The testing will occur around 9pm EST (US) if you are interested please PM me. Looking for around 4 to 5 volunteers.

Once I know who is in I'll send them the map files later tonight when I log into steam. Please add your steam ID in your PM I may or may not have it.

Also not restricting who these 4 or 5 folks are but I would prefer it if you are a 'hardcore' TF 2 player to offer the best feedback possible for my arena layout.

Thanks.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Some game show in India. Basically the host is a real bitch to the contestants. In this taping one of the contestants did not like how he was treated... the original clip is "How can she slap"

I don't know what's better:

The contestants being BRIEFED on her INTENTIONAL bitch-level and told to "stay cool no matter what"..
That the guy she slapped (and thus got WTFPWNED by) didn't get the memo..
That most noobtube viewers don't get it.. :D

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
STEAM has officaly pissed me off yet again..
Playing its 'let's delete content' with a touch of 'download from an out of date server' to 'oops, i'm so confused that i'll throw up the Game currently unavailable' error' ****.

why the hell do i get this? why isn't this fixed?
and why the hell is Vavle's forum image verification crap so bad to read? Bloody humans can't read it at all.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
STEAM has officaly pissed me off yet again..
Playing its 'let's delete content' with a touch of 'download from an out of date server' to 'oops, i'm so confused that i'll throw up the Game currently unavailable' error' ****.

why the hell do i get this? why isn't this fixed?
and why the hell is Vavle's forum image verification crap so bad to read? Bloody humans can't read it at all.

Restart Steam and chillax there buddy. Or right click and click verify game cache.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So when is the IRC mole going to jump in here and shout "DeaJae is mad at video games"?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I've had this problem a few times, but it normally fixes it self in a half-hour or less if I don't take any action.

Try logging out and deleting the AppUpdateStats.blob and ClientRegistry.blob files directly in the Program Files/Steam folder. Steam will update and rebuild them once logging in.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
Finally downloading again. As i'm not prepared to download my 20gb of games again.. i cut and paste each gcf to see if any of them are corrupt to find that the size lies (transfering a 2 gb file in a split second over USB?).

this is happened too many times already, i thought the point of steam that all your games were kept upto date, safe and organised.. obivously in a imaging system prone to corruption.

turned out to be multiplayer ob binaries.gcf in the end but still have to download everything again :rolleyes: