BuF DeathBall squad anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Latest Deathball League just wrapped up and teams are starting to get reorganized for another go. DavidM and company are backers in a US/Euro league at http://www.deathball.net/db-league/

There is an American league forming right now as well. Reach that one here: http://www.americandbl.com/

There's always room to join existing teams there, but the main reason I bring it up is to see if there's any interest in ressurecting our BuF team. Would love to field a BuF squad again!

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Hi Imaginos,

i used to play DB a lot, but havent recently due to lack of pubs and no clan to play with. We've played some on pubs together, and if you remember, i suck. lol! That being said. i'd love to play DB competitively.

Rens2Sea

Total Exp: 1338 > leet
Aug 22, 2002
Lelystad - Holland
I would love to have a war against you guys :p
I'm in TEZC, we finished 3rd and 4th with our DB squads.
Deathball 1.7 will be released soon and with a new gametype called Tennis. I am the coder of that :p
Here are some old old old screenshots. Version 0.3 can be downloaded here, but you need DB 1.6 to play it. Version 0.4 will be added to DB 1.7.

Last edited:

PlatinumGame

Jun 15, 2003
Rens2Sea said:
I would love to have a war against you guys :p
I'm in TEZC, we finished 3rd and 4th with our DB squads.
Deathball 1.7 will be released soon and with a new gametype called Tennis. I made that :p
Here are some old old old screenshots. Version 0.3 can be downloaded here, but you need DB 1.6 to play it. Version 0.4 will be added to DB 1.7.

DeathBall will be the first mod I DL when I get my hands on UT 2K3 just because of that Tennis gametype. Looks very fun.

Oh, yeah. Hi, I am a n00b to these forums, and to PC Unreal. Hope they both welcome me with open arms. ;P

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
rens2sea, liar

your 3rd rank is not save yet :p
it rather looks like 4th

as for the league, make sure you got your teams signed up by the end of this month, the new season should start on july 1st

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
Shock's back and ready to kick some DB ass...oh yeah

Edit: Don't worry Karn...I played my first game in months yesterday and had almost 500 Points Per hour haha...that's pretty good for a comeback

Last edited:

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
You better play DB while it's version 1.6 !!!
In 1.7 they have killed all the fun stuff like pass shooting, self volley pass, reduced volley power etc. Instead of reducing that terrible on-line lag they ruined the gameplay. :(

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Oh yeah I love playing Cube over and over again so people can volley to themselves off the wall and score blistering goals without actually utilizing any real skill other than to exploit the hell out of volley.

Overall DB is an awesome gametype but I wonder if in the course of its evolution it hasn't tweaked itself to death. I'll wait for 1.7 and see.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Outstanding

Normally I wouldn't attmept CPR so long after death, but this is BuD, so we're not very worried about the brain damage that normally occurs within five minutes of cardiac arrest..

Kidding aside, I'm glad to see all the names that I thought slipped off the face of the earth. There's some tough teams out there that have had quite a bit of time to recruit from the best of the free agents on the public servers. We'd be up against brutally competative teams that have sent a few rookie squads back home to mama - never to play deathball again. I'm hoping we can get together enough enthusiastic players that we can play through the season and have a good time, win or lose.

So come one, come all!
All interested BuF'ers (and future BuF'ers too), get a hold of me via pm, email, IM, or stop by my place for a cold beverage of your choosing. We'll get everyone on a list and see where we can go from there. The old BuD channel is a bit dusty, but we can slap it awake once we need it.

DavidM - danke for the heads up on the league team registration deadline.

Rens2Sea

Total Exp: 1338 > leet
Aug 22, 2002
Lelystad - Holland
Doc_EDo said:
You better play DB while it's version 1.6 !!!
In 1.7 they have killed all the fun stuff like pass shooting, self volley pass, reduced volley power etc. Instead of reducing that terrible on-line lag they ruined the gameplay. :(

roflmao, 1.7 isn't even released yet, so how the hell do you know? :rolleyes:
Don't say Beta because betas suck and the final is much changed.

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Rens2Sea said:
roflmao, 1.7 isn't even released yet, so how the hell do you know? :rolleyes:
Don't say Beta because betas suck and the final is much changed.
I did play the beta but these things are mentioned in the list of changes 1.6 -> 1.7.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Yeah, but I've wanted to come back home to BuF for a long time. I held out on joining any DB clans until BuD had completely stopped twitching. Real life killed it, and it's taken a lot of my playtime lately too. Hopefully that will slow down soon.

It's also been a while since BuD, and new blood might be just the thing. We sure could use a little presence on the international scene - bring a little class to the game too. ;)

I'm all for a pickup game! That's about how I survive.. my hours are such that it's my only option.