Ok guys, here's what I get....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

John

Nov 15, 1999
Bern, Switzerland
Visit site
I have alredy written it here but then a guy called Slaughter asked me for given him the "exact" error mesage...so here is what I get while playing UT with my Maxi Gamer Phoenix PCI card (banshee):

Critical error

General Protection Fault

History:RenderSubfurface<-URender<-DrawLodMesh<-URender<-Draw ActorSpirite<-URender<-UCanavas::exec DrawActor<-UT Eightball<-DM-TEMPEST<-DEMO.UT_Eightball@FunctionEngine-Weapon.RenderOverlays.

So what does that mean and how to prevent that??!!

Note: I have installed the latest drivers for my banshee...incl. DX7

S

Slaughter

Much better. The more info you give the higher the chance of someone finding a solution.

While this one might be up to Epic to completely decipher, from the message I can see a few things that might lead in the right direction.

Reading the message right-to-left shows you were playing DMTempest and doing something with the Eightball (Rocket Launcher) and the system was attempting to render (display) a "sprite". Now, the trick is to figure out what you were doing or had just done. Perhaps you were changing to the weapon or had just fired it. I'm assuming you had fired it.
Seeing the "DrawLodMesh" part in there (LOD=Level Of Detail) makes me think perhaps UT was trying to display a decal (explosion mark) on the surface of where the shot hit.

There is an option in Preferences to display decals. Try turning this off and see if that makes a difference.

Reply to this thread instead of starting a new one.

[This message has been edited by Slaughter (edited 11-18-1999).]

John

Nov 15, 1999
Bern, Switzerland
Visit site
Damn, for some minutes I thought wont have the GPF again.....i got it again BUT it was another one!!! Another text!! Of Course I have written it down for Slaughter..here's it:

General Protecion Fault

History: UGLideRenderDevice: /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifrawGouraudPolygon<-RenderSubsurface<-URender: /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifrawLodMesh(LodMeshBotpack_AutoMR): /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifrawActorSprite <-UCanavas::exec DrawActor(enforcer CTF CoretDemoTMale 167, FunctionEngine.Weapon.RenderOverlays 03C9)UObjekt::proccessEvent <-UGameEngine: /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifraw <-UWindosViewport::repair <-UWindowsClient::Tick <-ClientTick <-UGameEngine::Tick <.UpdateWorld <-MainLoop

thats what I got some minutes ago while playing UT for a half-hour!!!!

I hope u can help me...

John

S

Slaughter

Wow John...a lot of rendering errors. I'm not familiar with that particular card so perhaps someone else with a Banshee might be able to offer some insights.

You may also want to fire an email with all those messages of to:

utbugs348@epicgames.com

They don't guarantee a personal reply, but you might get lucky.

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
try 3dfx reference drivers. if you have those, then try the Guillemot drivers. it really looks like a driver issue.