Exploding Glass

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Santini

Feb 6, 2001
East TN
Visit site
I can make glass that explodes when I shoot it, or I can make glass that I can see through; but, I can’t seem to make glass that can see through and shoot. What is the trick to making the texture on the exploding glass see through, is there a masked texture that I should be using. Please help, my first level is almost done and this is the one thing that I can’t seem to get on my own.
Thanks
Santini

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Where's the problem? Use a mover for the glass. I think it's best to use a translucent 2-sided sheet with a glass texture for looks and an invisible cube for collision. Intersect that and add it as a mover. Then do the triggering and exploding stuff you already know.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
I don't understand where's your problem...
The breaking glass is an actor not a surface.
Just make a translucent mover as a glass and make it move when you shoot at it.Then make it trigger the exploding glass actor when moving.(Make it move to a place where you can't see it with a movetime of 0 ,this way you'll have the impression that it disappears and you'll have the glass fragments of the exploding glass).

Santini

Feb 6, 2001
East TN
Visit site
Glass

I have been making my glass by using a thin cube brush, placing a glass texture on it, selecting the texture and making it transparent. When I make my exploding glass I do the same thing only I when I put the brush in place I press the add mover button. The problem is that when I play the map the glass works but it is no longer transparent. The question, how can I make the texture on my mover transparent.
Thanks Again
By the way Fuzzpilz – that is an impressively revolting shade of green

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
For 432+:
-Select the mover
-Right click-Movers-Show polys
-Set the sides to transparent as you would do it to a normal brush
-Rebuild

432-:
-Don't simply add a mover...
-Add the glass as a normal solid brush to a remote open area of your map. (I usually have a separate room for these purposes)
-Surround it with the cube builder so the red lines are around the glass but doesn't touch anything.
-Hit intersect
-Add it as a mover to the correct place.