Dzzzzt! ok, so now......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Let me get this straight. In order to ACTUALLY test the very map I am working on, I can not just open the game click on over to 'server', load appropriate map, and 'launch' (like when the little box is checked next to 'listen'. I must launch the server (listen off), then as the small window sifts the code, reopen the game>play online>lan then open that . Is there a way around this that I am missing? I can accept that just building then hitting the little play toggle on the right of the tool bar is just for checking stuff for most of the build, but actually having to load the server to see how it really works (although HAVING to have to without the choice to toggle between that switch and just loading the server (for reals) is beyond me) but this extra step is really a redundant pain in the ass. Is there a way around this?
ne way... So now that I have my gamespeed ****up fixed (levelinfo>timedialation was set to .25 did it a while back -thought it had something to do with spawn in time.....duh) Most of my cool lighting is GONE.The lights just don't work. My salamanders are invible. Been playing around with the settings, will figure it out in time. Worst case scenario I will have to delete and rebuild each one at a time. At this rate it is going to take a while.
Is there a global, semi-global solution to this (sort of dropping it, mapping all together? Why did this happen. Some of my lights do work and physically everything else seems to work fine.

jordanio

Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
zombiewoof said:
Let me get this straight. In order to ACTUALLY test the very map I am working on, I can not just open the game click on over to 'server', load appropriate map, and 'launch' (like when the little box is checked next to 'listen'. I must launch the server (listen off), then as the small window sifts the code, reopen the game>play online>lan then open that . Is there a way around this that I am missing?
Yes there's an insanely easy solution to your troubles...click "Listen" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
NO. It doesn't play the same as it would online. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. If that were all there was to it, and the game ran online like it does on my machine, all would be well and I would be merrily going down my list of little fix-its as the complaints come in. When the 'listen' box is checked, the map loads just fine (in retrospect; gee, ths looks a lot like it does when I play the game from the editor...hmmm.) But when I loaded it the other way, after someone said something about how slow it was on the server, I ran into these problems for the first time.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Have not even opened editor for a few days. Just been reading stuff trying to figure out what I did. For one thing, I suppose the low light saturation and the amount of dynamic lighting are going to have to be delt with. And if it turns ou t that I have to do all the lighting agian from scratch then I might as well copy the terrain and all the other willing actors into another file with another box on center. Not thrilled about that, but, that's what I get...

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
zombiewoof said:
I probably have a bit more bondage in mind than even toogay might be interested in (body sized shrink tubing and a hair dryer....large body of water....)
But anyway.....back to the thread...

Too_Bad that he doesn't have the mental power to envision that....

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
....so.....I can take a hint..... this is not giong to get solved here. So I will cease and desist. Appearently I'm going to have to get another unit and another copy of game to work this out on being that there is no bot support and the whole master server thing. Meanwhile I'll just work on other stuff and keep studying. Thanks all for the input. On to ut2k4.....

Status
Not open for further replies.