UE2 - UT2kX more door questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stocko2k

Dec 2, 2008
Hi i've done a lot of googling to see if i could find the answer to this i even went out and bought the mastering unreal book.

i want to create a door that rotates (which is simple enough) but it only opens 1 way. I'd like it to open away from the player no matter what side the player is standing.

thanks in advance

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You will need a custom mover class for this, for example Jailbreak's JBMoverDualDestination. Feel free to copy the code from the implementation subpage of the page I linked. (Note that it also requires the JBProbeEvent class.)
You will have to make the mover TriggerOpenTimed, though. BumpOpenTimed does not recognize different bump directions.

I admit this is just about the largest hammer available to solve your problem, but of course you could try scripting your own custom mover with a new state that recognizes two different bump directions and opens accordingly.

stocko2k

Dec 2, 2008
scripting my own mover at the moment is kinda out the question as i have no expeiriance in scripting..
if i copy the code from the link you have provided it will go with the map when moved from 1 computer to another or will i have to add the file to a certain folder within the ut files???
just asking cause this map i am working on is for uni and if i have to add extra files i will need to make my tutor aware of this before he trys running the map for marking

thanks for the advice