Eurovision '12.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
And that has an influence on the final result how?

I could rephrase it if you like?
There are other elements as well such as entering an obviously poor act because you know you can't afford to host it next year and ofcourse simply not entering an act thus forcing the countries that normally unanimously vote for you to vote for their other neighbour/political-interest.

3 Guesses anyone who Cyprus will vote for next year...
Or who's willing to bet even? I'll even place a bet on who Ukraine vote for. :)

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
My point is that you can't bet for who will win (not before knowing the participants anyway), because it isn't decided by all those factors you listed (which happen), but ultimately on merit of the music or the performance. This year a modern dance pop song succeeded, as did 2010. People listen to modern dance tracks on the radio, so it's hardly a surprise. 2007, 2008, 2009 and last year (two more, two less) classic Eurovision pop ballads won. These may not have excited your ears, or mine, but you can't deny all of them had excellent production values. And they came from countries as diverse as Serbia, Russia, Norway, Germany, Azerbaijan and Sweden.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Well if it makes you happy but for me, in a world where you can predict the losers without even knowing their entrants, you can rest assured that the quality of performance is not the main focus of who wins the contest.

More positively my highlights were the grannies and the giggidy-ship-dance.
Neither compared to the axel-grinding power ranger though but at least the Lordi guy showed up for Finland for the otherwise boring vote counts.

Last edited: