Ever injured yourself playing UT ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boobalah

Smoked Oyster
Jan 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I"m going to the chiropractor for the first time because of UT. I think I must be shifting around in my chair too much. That, or I'm leaning to one side more than the other. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a break from the game. I don't think I have a choice. This sucks. I'm totally bummed. :(

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
LOL, i was that guy...duckin in caselvania to get away from medusa too ;)

I also, when i jump with the jump boots, open my mouth REALLY wide so i can "float" longer...truth

reeeee

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I just noticed yesterday that I seem to have developed a curve in my back. My right shoulder is slightly higher than my left when I stand "erect". :D I have decided this is from UT. MY mouse arm is usually a bit higher than my keynoard arm and now I am crooked. Oh well, I guess I will look like Igor in a couple more weeks! ;)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
keep your mouth closed when u are going up, less drag, u go higher, open it as soon as u are starting to go down again, more drag, you'll float down

Boobalah

Smoked Oyster
Jan 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I had to switch the mouse to my left hand to correct an earlier neck problem on my right side. Now I'm so used to it I can't go back. I must be raising my right shoulder too much when pressing the direction keys. I don't Know... still bummed.

TmT007

Jan 30, 2001
Iowa
Visit site
Thats Something Boobalah

I injured my left elbow from playing Ut. My elbow sets right on top of my desk and from the last year of playing alot of Ut my elbow swelled up bigtime. I almost had to go to the doctor it hurt so bad. That just happened Aug. 21, 2001 and now the swelling has gone down and there is hardly anymore pain. Missed a little work. Had to slow down playing for the past week to let it heal. Thought I might have to lose my left arm it hurt so bad. :)

Boobalah

Smoked Oyster
Jan 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by el Gato
I got this red, weeping sore on my... nevermind. ;)

Neck, eye, and ass strain for late night frag fests is about it.

ass strain ? woah man that's brutal. I hope I don't strain my bloody ass !!!(don't ask me how it got bloody) :D

Allison

I need more cowbell!
Sep 8, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by I_B_Bangin
/me laughs and points at the hunchback!!!!!!!!

YOU FREAK!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p ;)

It's contagious, you know!! :D

/me chases Bangin around with her contagiminousness hump :p :D

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
I had (and still have sometimes) a severe lower back pain from slouching in my chair during prolonged gaming sessions. So now I have to keep my back as straight as possible when sitting at my comp. Also , I have recently developed a minor case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right hand from clicking the mouse too much. :(

Boobalah

Smoked Oyster
Jan 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by SamuraiSludge
I had (and still have sometimes) a severe lower back pain from slouching in my chair during prolonged gaming sessions.

yep, I tend to slouch. I'm going to the spine cracker because it's my upper middle back. I think my shoulders are looking a little rolled forward also. Damn this game !!!