for ppl who hate campers :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
i was browsing some ut2004 sites for mutators and i come across something interesting called "campers hunter"
it claims to spawn a bot with a matrix style agent skin with a sniper rifle that hunts down campers by teleporting to their location anywhere on the map and killing them or trying to unless they die first
i think every server should install this
additionally have someone code a similar thing that spawns a spacefighter or raptor to kill vehicles that camp or stay still for too long
i would appreciate it if the fraghouse team took on this task, it would benefit all of us :D
i want feedback ppl FEEDBACK!!! ;)

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
im not joking i have it installed on my comp ands it works
its very strict also stand still too long and he kicks ur ass

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
A server with that mutator installed will require clients to download it first from the server. I have seen it under the name 'Anti Camper'.. which gives the same description as you mention Ice.
Might be fun to add, but better yet would be to enable the "Kick Idlers Time" option. With that option turned on, servers won't be needing the Anti Camper mutator and clients are not forced to download it. (nor for recorded demo's)

DeathAdder said:
I'm not kidding. I sometimes even give everyone admin privs for a map or two. Give peace a chance.

Err.. o_O

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
yeah thats all good but there are idler's and there are campers that sit around with lightning guns or sniper rifles and pick you off with one or two shots, they are impossible to aviod and very annoying
as for ppl having to download it from the server, its only 40 odd kb
not much to download for an effective end to ppl camping and sniping
(by the way I HATE CAMPERS GRRRR)

Salvatore

TLSC guy - DarkMessenger-TLSC
Aug 25, 2004
Not quite London
www.tlsconline.com
We don't all hate campers.

It's a valid strategy, deal with it. Try the Shield Gun, or snipe them too. I hate campers, I don't camp, but it's a valid strategy.

Just makes you have to think more, that's all. I can normally take out a camper.

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
I've never had a problem with campers, they usually aren't very hard to take out. If they snipe you, just snipe 'em back. if you need to get through an area with campers, use the shield gun to block. If the camper is around the corner, use either a shock combo or dodge-jump past the corner and nail them with flak secondary or charged up rockets. There are always strategies to deal with them. :)

Except in HL2 deathmatch of course, with some ****er sitting up on the tower with an RPG. :mad:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
I'm aware of that Ice. Idlers and Campers are different, but having "kick Idlers Time" checked could do the job a lil. They get a warning message before they are kicked. Of course, you can just avoid that by making a few steps forth and back. It's not really effectively, but somewhat it is..

Most peeps hate campers, but as said, it's part of strategy, it's part of the game, deal with it. ;)

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
I HATE getting into the fray and up close, I can land quite a flurry of distracting headshots and hits from camping, so it occupies the first person to decide I need to be taken out, thus helping my team slightly, only if I must do I attempt to get into the fight.

lvlorpheus

May 20, 2002
I don't mind campers in Team games (ONS, CTF etc) just call it "Being in defence" ;)

Btw great sig -{SC}- Renamon :p

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Well yeah for DM and similar gametypes it does, but for teamgames it could be a teams victory, it's sorta a defence too, I camp on CTF-Face seeing it's built for camping, I love sniping maps.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
ChaosWolfs said:
Camping

Heres what I think camping is. I believe people should stop using it and learn what camping is not a bad thing. Its strategy. Camping is strategy. Winning is strategy.

What is Camping?
Camping is when you are at a place for a while and killing anyone who passes by. Heres an example: Defending the Flag is camping, Defending the objective is camping.

Where else is the word used?
the word was used in MMORPGS (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) like Everquest. The word is used in the exact same way.

Why do people use this word?
I have several reasons why they might use this word.
A: They are newbs or noobs.
B: Played MMORPGS before like Everquest.
C: People are just using it because they are used to other people saying it.
D: they are dumbasses

How did this word get into a FPS online?
I have no clue.

How did this word change the FPS game online?
Lets say your camping a flag. A enemy walks in and tries to take it. You kill him before he grabs it. Then the enemy says,"OMFG YOU ****ING CAMPERS." Obviously he does not know how to counter campers.

Is the word bad?
The word should never of exist. It ruins people's FPS minds. I played lots of FPS online games and this is the first FPS I found that uses this word. In the future, you might see a lot of this word camping in a lot of FPS online games.

Why do people camp?
the word Camping should of never existed. What camping is is that its strategy. You want to defend a flag so your protect it with your character's life and killing all who try to take it from you. Thats a strategy, you should be getting from the enemy,"Nice defense." Not, "OMFG U CAMPER"

Lets say you joined the military (ground force) and you go into war. Now your teammates (other people in the war with you on ur side) are sneaking around trying to be as quiet as possible in a open area. Then all of the sudden, your ambushed. You and your teammates died. Now you can't say they were camping because your dead. And they weren't camping. That was a strategy. The enemy won that battle, didn't they?

One of my previous favorite FPS online games was Tribes 2. I was in the ladder with my clan and we had all sorts of strategys to win a specific map. I even came up with my own. My own strategy was for a CTF. "I place a tank behind my flag (it was for the map Katabatic) and I go in the tank shooting mortars (yea, tank shot mortars in T2) at the flag." In order to counter this strategy, the other team would have to destroy the tank. Then they were able to capture the flag. Thank god the word camping never existed in T2.

Why do some adminstrators on some servers ban campers?
The adminstrator does not know that camping is strategy. Obviously he got pwned by campers because he doesn't know he can counter these campers. The only way to stop them is to ban them. This admin is obviously abusing his powers and no one should play on that server.

When people uses "OMFG YOU ****ING CAMPER", what does that mean?
These people who use that obviously doesn't know that camping is a strategy, or they have no idea of countering them so they have to COMPLAIN so these campers might stop.

When you get the message, "OMFG U CAMPER" from someone, is it possible to tell them the truth of camping?
They won't accept the truth. Don't even bother. They won't listen. I tried a few times. If this topic does become sucessful, tell them to come here and read all of this. Hopefully that will stop people from using camping.

Last edited: