Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well.. PC development is a headache. It always has been and always will be. That article is just a marketing guy stating the obvious and a website trying to post sensational headlines.

Oh I know that, any sensible person would know that. I just find it another thing for someone to rage at.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Also, a hilariously effective technique:
http://youtu.be/rt5aUdijAN8
:lol: That's even better than the Fallout "Put it in a bukkit" method
Between piracy and the infinite number of hardware configurations, developing games for the PC can be a real "headache."
Consoles aren't exactly immune to piracy and as for hardware configs, assume this is the average
- 3GHz Dualcore
- 8800GT with drivers that haven't been updated in a year
- 2GB RAM
- Win XP

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Well.. PC development is a headache. It always has been and always will be. That article is just a marketing guy stating the obvious and a website trying to post sensational headlines.
I feel like most people who work for gaming news haven't been in the business any longer than the original xbox, if even. To them, it's always been consoles and game development literally has always been that simple to them.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Who is playing what and do you feel rewarded for playing it?

I'm playing Archer, it seems like a good option against some mobs that seems to be immune to my destruction spells.

As for Blocking, I don't get it so well, it seems like the shield acts as a armor rating boost and not an actual blocker. If they hit the shield you still lose an important amount of health.

So, I decided to increase the blocking wall perk, it seems like the first one increases it by 20%, then it's by shots of 5%. Again I'm confused.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anyone else made it to the "party" quest where your gear is taken away? I might have ran into a major issue.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Nah, I haven't done that. I did however have a quest glitch on me. There is a tomb in which a blue man haunts it. You follow him through the tomb, and down a spiral staircase, into where his body is. He sits down, but you cannot talk to him. There is a magicly locked door and I think he's supposed to open it.

I've been finding tons of little bugs with the game, but nothing that's stopping me from enjoying it. Logged about 17 hours on it already.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I did however have a quest glitch on me. There is a tomb in which a blue man haunts it. You follow him through the tomb, and down a spiral staircase, into where his body is. He sits down, but you cannot talk to him. There is a magicly locked door and I think he's supposed to open it.

I wonder what it would take for a game to be able to do something like this, but it not to be a bug, just a bizarre occurance of the supernatural that you are either simply able to experience or that it is a metaphor.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Actual screens of said issue:

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/BfmuG.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/TcFkN.jpg[/screenshot]

As someone already suggested me, I will be reclaiming my weapons and gear trough the console commands. Lame, but that's what I have to do.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Alright... broke down and bought it, but got a nice little $10 gift card at Target when I did, so I feel like I only paid fifty bucks for it now. :lol:

Anyhow... just got past the obligatory intro dungeon and into the first town. So far it seems much more interesting than Oblivion.

I started off as a Nord. What race are you all playing?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Nah, I haven't done that. I did however have a quest glitch on me. There is a tomb in which a blue man haunts it. You follow him through the tomb, and down a spiral staircase, into where his body is. He sits down, but you cannot talk to him. There is a magicly locked door and I think he's supposed to open it.
If you're talking about Shroud Hearth Barrow next to Ivarstead then:
You should be able to progress after the spiraling steps until you enter a hall with a iron door on your right and his room locked in front of you. Open the door to the right and wait for the fire trap immediately following the door to finish. While you're waiting for the fire to stop, he tries to sneak up on you. (at least this is what happened to me) You can read his journal to find out why he's there.
I started off as a Nord. What race are you all playing?
I've always pretty much always have made my first play through a Nord. Here's me, currently at level 17.
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/FUxym.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Bugs in a Bethesda game, who would have thunk it :D

If I ever get around to being able to afford the thing, I will start off as a Nord as well. Did that in Oblivion so will keep up with tradition.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
oh please.
tell me how they're not retarded.
To each his own. I enjoy trying to get them. They aren't of any value, no, but I look at them as sort of a challenge or a checklist of key accomplishments in the game. Some of them actually have you do fun things - or things you might not have tried to do in a normal playthrough without the suggestion. If they're milestone types of achievements, I just enjoy getting the popup and recognition.

The ones that are geared towards an insane amount of grinding I typically ignore, unless I'm really enjoying the game anyway and am close to getting it.

I dunno... I have fun with them mostly.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
This game is amazing. I'm a Bosmer.

They have certainly worked out the kinks of the engine, I haven't had as many bugs as I did with Oblivion when I played it. There was this one quest were it messed up but eh, whatever. I went around it with console commands.

I can't imagine what it would feel like if I had a better graphics card, but it runs very well on my 8800GTS. I'm honestly quite surprised.