Wbere are the SOB Server Maps??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
M

Mr. McFeely

I cannot find some of the SOB server maps, i.e. dmstreetfighter and inf_suburb, not even at Nali city. Where have these been cleverly hidden?
Mr. McFeeely

S

Six

Maps are the easy part. They are either delivered with Inf 2.1 (like dmstreetfighter) or available at the Map Depot http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/mapdepot/ or the SOB-Site at ftp://chipweb.colorado.edu/SOB_FTP/Unreal/Maps/Infiltration%20Maps/

It gets really comlicated when it comes to get the right textures. For instance, I still cannot play D-Strike on the SOB Server because they seem to use a different HmmwvPrefab.utx than shiped with Infiltration.

Suggestion: The official Inf Server should have an official map pack.

Six.

[This message has been edited by Six (edited 09-06-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Six (edited 09-06-1999).]

D

DaddyBone

Official Map Pack, huh? Well, good idea... I don't have the time to test all maps and textures out, but if the good guys at Infiltration wanna send me a map pack with the map rotation, I'll be more than happy to run it and make sure its on our FTP site!

W

Warren

hmmm- guess we'll have to see about doing that! Good call. As for the DStrike texture problem, do you have StreetWars installed? The hummer texture pack that came with that map overwrites the one for DStrike.. We're trying to get it across that level designers, if they modify existing texture packs, need to personalize their new version with a name or something before the title of the texture- ie JoeBob_hummertexture.utx.

S

Six

It seems that the SOB-Server has the Steetwars version of the HmmwvPrefab.utx texture installed, because installing this texture fixed the problem for me.

So all the poor chaps who cannot join a D-Strike game: Download this SP Map and install it's texture file!

I also had a problem with two different versions of the Suburb Map. You have to get the latest file from the SOB FTP as well to play. Now it gets really wild :)

Warren, what about a naming convention on your map designer page on the INF Homepage, to be an acceptance-criteria for the Map Depot? People need rules :)

But all the effort is worth it, guys! It surely is... Feel like an addict searching for new texture and map files every night to be able to play :)

Six.

D

DaddyBone

D'oh!

Gosh, I forgot to plug our own home page and FTP site... If you go to our site and then the 'map lists' page, you'll find all the new maps we run there. If I have a certain texture on the server, its in the map's file on our FTP server, 'cause I put it there first, before installing it on the game server! (So I don't forget) Sorry! Quick fix, and I forgot!