Extracting stuff from other games- need help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
I am assuming that a lot of you have a background with other games. Please help me if you do.

When I created my Duke Nukem voice pack, I had access to all the .voc sound files. Not just the ones in the RTS file, but all the sounds in the game. This gave me over 30 taunt messages and I used some Duke sounds in acknowledge/friendly fire sounds too.

I have shadow warrior, but there is no directory of sounds on the CD. I have 10 .voc files from the RTS file, but I want to be able to access all of the sound files. I assume they are all in the big SW.GRP file. If anyone knows how to extract stuff out of this file if I'm right, or show me what to do if I'm wrong, I'm all ears.

I would also like to create a voice pack of Blade from SiN. There are tons of sound files in that game and I don't know how to get them. I'm assuming that they are in the Pak0.PAK file; anyone who has worked with Quake engine games please help me on this one.

The incredibly frustrated Wolf-man

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I can't help with Duke or Shadow Warrior but the Q2 engine is familiar.

You'll have to hunt down a program called Pak Explorer. Try FilePlanet ( http://www.fileplanet.com ) first for this. Once you get that, install it or run it or whatever and open up the pak file. Then look for the sounds somewhere in a Sounds folder.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Thanks again Wanderer. I had to track down some more files, because the full version of sin used files in a pak0.sin format. I went to Ritual's web site and grabbed SiNTools, which took care of that problem. I finished my Blade voice pack, here it is if you want it. It's a monster 2.2 megs, I couln't zip it any smaller.
www.angelfire.com/games/UTilities/Files/BladeVoice.zip

hope the link works.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

[This message has been edited by Wolf Blackstar (edited 01-23-2000).]

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I just tried the link and it said the file was corrupt. It got up there atleast (or part of it) but it's screwed. Can you upload it again?