Adware,Spyware and Trojans, oh my!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
:eek: Well, I was doing something bad today and I'd tell you what is was but we can't say that word in the forums. Anyway, I got 2 viruses (one a trojan) and 125 problems (adware/spyware) found by Ad-Aware and Spyware combined.

Basically, I turned my computer back on this evening after my adventures this afternoon and got asked some permissions from ZoneAlarm that I've never seen before and VirusScan kept asking what to do with a Trojan every 3-4 minutes it seemed like and I kept saying delete. This kept going on during me frantically running VirusScan and then Ad-Aware to get rid of this crap.

VirusScan found a virus in C:/MyDownloads and this:

Downloader-ER, BlazeFind.Bridge >> C:\windows\temp\bridge.exe, also found at:
c:\windows\downloaded program files\bridge.dll

Ad-Aware found this:
2 Processes Identified
53 Registry Keys Identified
12 Registry Values Identified
46 Files Identified
3 Folders Identified

Ad-Aware files deleted were:
WinFavorites
MoneyTree
StopPop
istbar
DyFuCA
180Solutions
Bargain Buddy
Internet Optimizer
c:\windows\system\a.exe
msbb
PossibleBrowserHijackAttempt

Upon reboot, Ad-Aware deleted:
c:\windows\bi.dll
c:\windows\downloaded program files\bridge.dll

Then I deleted my temp directory, temp. internet files and history and rebooted.

Ad-Aware then found:
4 registry keys
1 registry value
1 File

SpyBot found:
3 problems

I then ran VirusScan again and it found nothing and Ad-Aware found nothing as well.

Let this be a lesson to me and anyone else reading this. It's just not worth it!

I'm also really glad I have VirusScan and ZoneAlarm running in the background!!! Definitely a good idea to run Ad-Aware and Spybot every once in a while as well.:cool: