checkitout

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Click the gold button below my sig. It uses the "whats playing" component for Winamp3, i just spent a couple hours setting it all up.

I just realised I have too much free time on my hands.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
it has its flaws, and once i switched to it, i hated it. But over time i grew to love it, and i found a wide array of plugins that fixed everything that was missing, and i fell in love with the RemoteSensing skin.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
yeah I hated it but a friend talked me into trying it again

I likethe skins and crossfade, but I still use winamp 2 when I want music + games. Winamp 3 just takes too much resources up, and at the end of the day I just want the music.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I loved winamp 2 because it would boot up in a matter of microseconds. Combined with GeekStep (my own litestep dirivitive that only uses LSXCommand and GeekAmp and sits on top of the windows desktop) I can open and close winamp at (literally) a touch of a button on my keyboard, in any game I want. It's bliss ...

But it doesn't work with winamp3. :con:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
keg, theres a plugin for that, im using it.
Plus, with my 10000rpm 8meg cache hard drive, Athlon XP 2000+ and 512mb of DDR233 RAM, the loading times and effect on games are the same as winamp2 for me.

EDIT: Winamp3 only takes 8 megs of RAM on my machine, and 3-5% cpu usage.

Last edited:

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Tsk tsk tsk. http://www.foobar2000.org <- when even WinAmp 2.91 eats too many "precious"* system resources to maintain a decent framerate in UT2003 or whatever. That being said, I still prefer WinAmp 2.91 for listening to internet radio.

*) XP3000+, 512 MB PC3200 DDR RAM, and lots of other system specs you really couldn't give a rat's arse about.

Edit: Oh, and the appropriate currently listening to bit: Si and Hill on Virgin Radio (supposedly) live from London.

Last edited: