Dues Ex demo duped me!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PainReliever

Apr 29, 2000
Joplin, MO USA
Visit site
Took 12 hours to download, and the during the self-extract it gets stuck on the characters extraction and it just repeats that section over and over and will not finish the install. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! What good does a 139 MB demo do anyone online, except for the few who have serious download abilities?

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
It downloaded fine for me & installed too. The game works fine...
What you might want to get is a program like GetRight. Or maybe GoZilla. I hope that helps.

bullet2.gif

My hemorrohoids are flaring up something fierce from deathmatching all day long. --Cliff Bleszinski, PC Gamer, July 2000

Dubious[GDI]

UT Server Guru
Apr 20, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
www.FactoryUnreal.com
Hell, you guys are lucky. I downloaded twice. Both times, it get all the way to 100%, and my hard drive light goes nuts while the file is written to the drive. Then, when it completes, THERE IS NO FILE! Its gone. No where to be found. Did a search - nothing. F'n bullsh*t. 139megs, and the file erases itself from the drive upon completion - twice.

Athlon 700
256m PC100
27gig hd (67% free space)
608k ADSL

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Hey Dubious, I'm running a PIII 500, 128 RAM, 56K, 13 gig hd space, so I'm really not sure what the problem was for you. I would strongly suggest you use GetRight. It's a downloading program and I downloaded the demo from this link http://files.onebigvillage.com/file.asp?relpath=\Deus_Ex&file=DeusExDemo.exe
I hope that helps you some. If not, I'd probably just read the reviews and pick the game up this week, as most stores like EB & Software etc have return policies in case you don't like the game :) (which I doubt will happen with Deus Ex)

bullet2.gif

My hemorrohoids are flaring up something fierce from deathmatching all day long. --Cliff Bleszinski, PC Gamer, July 2000

The Toastman

Apr 19, 2000
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
Netscape IS crap. Useless, pathetic, waste of hard drive space, etc. I can remember when I used to be a Netscape supporter (back when Netscape was more stable than IE). Since AOL purchased Netscape it has gone to heck in a handbasket. Too bad.

Rodzilla

PuF Fossil
I got lucky...

I was at computer camp at Emory University when the demo got released, so I just downloaded it(took about 45 minutes) and then burned it onto a CD(lucky they had CD-burners and I brought some disks). The only problem I had was that the game would lockup my computer when it loaded, the D3D patch at http://www.deusex.com solved that. good luck!

Jul 22, 2000
Hey Dubious please tell where U get the demo from (i live in Finland with ISDN so it should B a fast D/L) thnx m8

Red Eye One

Aug 10, 2000
Visit site
It took me over 20 hours to download this demo. It took me like 4 or five tries. The successful download took 8 hours but the first time it disconnected about halfwat through. I think it was the third time(I kind of lost track) I lost my connection at 92% complete. I couldn't believe it! After all that I can only get it to play in safe mode.