Rainbow Six: The Movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derek

Feb 1, 2000
FL, USA
Visit site
I mean, why not? Many, many other clancy novels have made it to the big screen, and I think, if all the people that bought the game, in addition to the millions of die hard clancy fans went to watch the movie, it would not do too badly at all.

As far as fleshing out a storyline that would actually work in the movie, I couldn't care less. As long as they keep rest of the story in there.

Another problem I guess is that the most action sequences would only last a couple of seconds each...but the sniper sequences....the guns...that one where they shoot into the helicopter. The part where they chop up the backup rainbow team with ak's in an ambush.

Damn,I know why it isn't a movie now, but it would be sweet.

Anyways, to get what I'm saying you would have to have read the book. Of the 50% of you out there that are literate, have any of you read it?

I just finished it, and I really liked it /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I think a movie would do extremly well. But who would direct, produce and whatnot?

Imagine if John Woo directed it
sarcblink.gif

------------------
Shoplifters will be beaten, stabbed, and stomped. Survivors will be prosecuted.

yeah, i read it a month or two ago and i obviously have a bad memory because i don't remember them shooting into a helicoptor or the backup team getting ambushed, what parts were these at? oh, and what was the name of the guy who lived in the castle? i was trying to make a map of that scene where one team had to go in, get the hostages, and get to the helicopter (i'd probably have to wait for 3.0, but i could do all the geometry beforehand). i ended up chucking it though because i could not get the place to look anywhere close to what i wanted...yeah, that book was good, though not as good as some of his others. think i'll some more of his over the summer...

Lost

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
In the castle mission Johnston (or was it Weber) shot into the helicopter right into the right eye of one of the hostage takers.

In the hospital mission terrorists hid in trucks and sawed down team one.

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
I read on www.planetrainbowsix.com several months back that a movie was 'in the works' but that was it....as people may not know if a movie studio buys right to a book or script or whatever they have all the power to produce it, or sit on in forever, despite how good it may be, unless someone else buys the right from the studio, so I wouldnt hold yer breath.

As for directors I think Michael Mann (Heat, the insider) would be good, he can be very realistic... also John Frankenheimer (Ronin, Reindeer Games) is good, though he alsways has to have car chases..and I havent read the book..

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

[This message was edited by CoffeyCan on null at null.]

[This message was edited by CoffeyCan on null at null.]

Derek

Feb 1, 2000
FL, USA
Visit site
Rainbow Six was a good novel, but I think he sort of let it go at the end, it sort of fell apart at the end.

Even though rainbow six was definitely not Clancy's best work, I think it's a novel which wouldn't lose much in the hollywood conversion, as many of his other novels have.

shineio?

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
have i mentioned that me and some friends make some movis in dogma- style when we are drunk? /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif no? then you know it now.... thx for the idea maybe we will make a rs- movie /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-reaper was here-

WHY

Jan 15, 2000
Visit site
Personally I'd prefer a Red Storm Rising movie, but I'd doubt it's be very popular with the russians.

on the other hand, they ARE making "The Sum of All Fears", you know, the one where Denver get's nuked.

WHY

Jan 15, 2000
Visit site
sorry....

but if you played any of the R6 games it's mentioned in there (and I'd expect since most of you are realism nuts, you would have played it at least once)

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
I like Delta Force 2 myself... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

---------
Don't steal, the government hates competition.
---------