New BU Poll: You Want That Multiplayer Expanded?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
By now most of our regular readers have probably already read my gormless ramblings about how great Unreal II: XMP is. This week's BU poll is simple: after reading all about XMP, and looking at our XMP screenshots, are you planning on downloading this Unreal II multiplayer expansion when it's released?

Head over to the voting booth and tell us first whether or not you bought Unreal II, and secondly whether you plan on checking out XMP when it hits the download sites.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
If the only way to save a single player game is with a multiplayer addon, the game is not worth anything. At all.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Nemephosis said:
If the only way to save a single player game is with a multiplayer addon, the game is not worth anything. At all.
People wanted Unreal II multiplayer. Legend are now giving us Unreal II multiplayer. I don't see the problem, really.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Not really a problem per se, but Unreal 2 was developed with single player in mind. It bombed. Now XMP is supposed to save Unreal 2 and everything, but the only thing with that is it's a multiplayer addon. This game wasn't even designed with multiplayer in mind, and now all of a sudden it's worth something.

So again if the only way to save a single player game is through multiplayer, the game must be really, really weak to begin with.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Well, the production values of the single player were pretty good. The problem was bringing something new to the table, which with so many FPS games out there, is a problem.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
when y9ou comment on a news item on the forum, it doesn't push the news item to the top of the main page like a thread in a forum does it? I'm sure this wasn't the first news bit. :con:

Mar 11, 2000
Oxford, UK
I've noticed that for a while now, the news posts always end up a little out of order. And what happened to those #links that recently were listed next to each item?

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
The comments don't change the order of the news posts on the front page - what you are noticing is most likely that there are some news posts (usually BeyondUnreal specific stuff) that get 'stickied' and stay at the top of the newspage throughout the day.

As for the # links, those can still be found by right-clicking on the headlines linked to on the left-hand sidebar.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
XMP was developed long before ut2k3 came out and all major U2 previews had mentioned it.
Then it was ditched.

Until now we have 335 ppl that will play it for sure and 106 potential players! Instead of a chaotic community *cough ut2k3* we will have our small lovely and passionate community! /me likes very much

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
so a potential not-even-five-hundred-member community is worth the time and effort this is taking?

W4R(H1LD

lg crispy dome cooker
Sep 11, 2003
CHESTERFIELD VA
Visit site
From what Ive seen thus far the game looks great. I can tell you the gameplay is fantastic and well balanced. When the master server goes down for a brief period for updates I have withdrawls!!! lol no sh1t this game is a blast and think its goin to have its time to shine very soon....Agreed the Unreal 2 single player was lacking and was too basic and linear for my taste. XMP IS DELICIOUS = p

Last edited: