FragBU! Sat the 14! CTF!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Code:
FragBU

RESERVATION INFO:
==================================================
Start Time (CST USA): Sat Jun 14, 2003 @ 7:00 PM
 Stop Time (CST USA): Sun Jun 15, 2003 @ 12:00 AM
     Server Location: theweb.dyndns.ws:7777
        GamePassword: bubu

GAME SETTINGS:
              Game Type : Capture The Flag
             Score Limit: 8
              Time Limit: 20
           Friendly Fire: 0%
        Max Player Count: 10
Minimum Required Players: 1
        Must "Click in" : False
           Translocator : True
              WeaponStay: True
           Force Respawn: False
   Spawn Protection Time: 3

MAPLIST:
CTF-Chrome
CTF-ADarkOutlook
CTF-Alcatron
CTF-Apophis
CTF-Arrakis
CTF-Avaris
CTF-BollwerkRuins2
CTF-Cadaver
CTF-Citadel
CTF-Coret][
CTF-December
CTF-DE-ElecFields
CTF-DeepSprintaLE100b1
CTF-DE-LavaGiant2
CTF-Diffidence
CTF-DiffidenceREV1
CTF-DiffidenceREV2
CTF-DoubleDamage-LE
CTF-DoubleDammage
CTF-Drunklet
CTF-E-Carbon
CTF-E-Cobalt
CTF-E-Iron
CTF-eko-Mythos-2k3
CTF-ElectricalBase
CTF-E-Radium
CTF-Extortion][-LE100
CTF-Face2003
CTF-Face2K3
CTF-Face3
CTF-FastAttack
CTF-GardenOfHeaven101
CTF-Gauntlet
CTF-Geothermal
CTF-HallofAnubis
CTF-Lost
CTF-Lostfaith
CTF-Lucius2003
CTF-Magma
CTF-Maul
CTF-Maul-LE100
CTF-Megawoot!
CTF-Orbital2
CTF-Outlook2K3SE
CTF-Raw
CTF-RomraMoonStation
CTF-Sahagin
CTF-SharpfishPark
CTF-Thorns2K3CE
CTF-ThornsV2{UT1}
CTF-Tropica][
CTF-Unearthed

MUTATORS:
XGame.MutNoAdrenaline
XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon
MapVote400b11.MapVote

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Dude Warden, you're WAYYY too hard on yourself! I've played some maps with you before, and it was fun. You just gotta learn to go with the flow and not take things too seriously.

I hope you come back.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
The Warden said:
:(

Sorry about tonight. I play no more.

Many of you saw why.

Dood, quit telling yourself you suck... it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just get out there and have fun. :)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Pineconeboy said:
Dood, quit telling yourself you suck... it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just get out there and have fun. :)
I keep telling him that. But he's just too hard on hinself. :(

GG's though.

BTW Hanover, the auto taunt I was talking about was the "nice", "not bad", and "medic" crap when I get fragged. It's so damn annoying when I respawn and die in two seconds from someone else firing at another guy, I die and hear: "Nice" when I die. WTF? That wasn't nice at all. Or when I kill myself and hear: "Not bad". What a bunch of crap. The more I hear it, the most I get frustrated. I hate that with a passion FFS ;(

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
muppet said:
John, there is an option in ut2k3 to block out all the auto taunts, you might wanna give that a trry ;)
I do have that selected. I've had that option on since I get the game. But the ones from when I die still play. :mad:

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
oh, yeah, you can't get rid of those taunts. They aren't actually real taunts, but they sound like it. They are played in proximity, so you only seem to hear them if you are near the players who "say" them... it's hard to explain, but if you ever played Loki's Minions CTF for Quake II: it's kinda like that

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Warden the reason you suck is because you don't play. Play with us more and you'll soon but up to the same level as the rest of us. The fact that you suck should be saying to you I need to play with these guys more. NOt the other way around.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
TWD said:
Warden the reason you suck is because you don't play. Play with us more and you'll soon but up to the same level as the rest of us. The fact that you suck should be saying to you I need to play with these guys more. NOt the other way around.

I don't think Warden's skills are what he's referring to. I've played against him before, and he's pretty good (of course, everyone's "pretty good" playing against me ;) ). I think what he's referring to is how the game effects his attitude/emotions while playing, i.e., letting the game get the best of him.

Warden (aka, "Worst-Player-Eva" ;) ), it's all about the mindset you have going into the game. If you log on with the intent of kicking arse, then you're setting yourself up for a let down if things don't go the way you want. Then you work harder and harder trying to prove to everyone that you're better than the way you're playing, and you just get more and more frustrated.

I battle with this in RL in my basketall league (what, you guys think that UT2k3 is all I do? :lol: ). That's why I built the "Renegade Retard" persona. It helps me have a light-hearted outlook. Of course I get frustrated at times, especially when I play a map and end with 1 point (ahem, this NEVER happens). But you know what? 30 seconds later a new map is starting, and everyone forgets the scores of the last map. In other words, life goes on, and no one but me remembers anyhow.

Do me a favor and PM me some time and let me know when you're available to play. We'll jump on a pub server and have some fun. I've enjoyed playing with you in the past, and would hate to see you stop playing.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
TWD said:
Warden the reason you suck is because you don't play.

TWD.....you need to quit beating around the bush and just say in plain english what you're thinking.

Daaammm, you could be a little more diplomatic.

:lol:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
er well maybe I missed something I assumed he was talking about his skill. This assumption was based mostly on comments he has made in the past. I don't really think he sucks. You play my dad and you'll understand suckage.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
WebSlinger said:
oh, yeah, you can't get rid of those taunts. They aren't actually real taunts, but they sound like it. They are played in proximity, so you only seem to hear them if you are near the players who "say" them... it's hard to explain, but if you ever played Loki's Minions CTF for Quake II: it's kinda like that
Well, they are most annoying. I don't think "Not bad" fits in when I'm killed by cratering or getting killed by my own reflecting flak shards.

BTW TWD, Ward does not suck, and he does play, a lot. He's been playing the Unreal series just as long as I have, and I started with Unreal. So he's no nOOb to the game. He knows the games inside and out. The only problem is that he's way too hard on himself. If he could get past that, he could SOwn anyone imho.

You know you could Ward. :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
From what ren says I get this way too when my connection doesn't cooperate. If I suddenly just quit out of the game you now know why.