Siege 2004 Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
I tried this new Gametype, and it caused some problems, as well as some seriously hindering gameplay bugs.
It does note that the ut2004.ini will be changed, so be sure to archive it before you install Siege2k4. I'm glad I did. Apparently the Siege-rewritten ut2004.ini slows down movement in Bombing Run maps (In my game, the movement was reduced to about half - like running in slow-motion); I don't know what other maps/gametypes were affected by Siege, but Siege uses BR maps, so I suspect that's the problem.
Also, for some, reason, the framerate playing any seige game was Half that of my normal FPS (Avg = 30, with Siege it was 17!) After I uninstalled Siege and replaced my ut2004.ini with my archived version, I played BR mpas and the framerate was back to normal (30).
Another problem was that the multitool didn't work. Alt-firing was supposed to introduce a menu for which to select Primary Fire multitool functions (warping in various structures Critical to game advancement) - but in my game, no menu appeared, and all I could use the multitool for was warping in Shields, which I assume is the first or default tool function.
Also, the bots did nothing in the Meat Cooler level (that's not the name, I don't think). They would hang out near their Powercore, and would attack if approached, but would otherwise stay there and make no attempt at attacking the opposing team (this was true for both the bots on my team and the enemy team).

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
By the way, if something trashes up the UT2004.ini or User.ini files and you didn't back them up, you can always delete them and the default settings will be restored. Unfortunately, you'll have to set the settings to your liking all over again.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
Hyrulian Hero said:
By the way, if something trashes up the UT2004.ini or User.ini files and you didn't back them up, you can always delete them and the default settings will be restored. Unfortunately, you'll have to set the settings to your liking all over again.

Precisely, which is why I just make a .zip file of my ut2004.ini and keep it in the SYSTEM directory, because I have everything set up just right, and I know I'll forget something if I have to go back and re-do it. Besides, it's a lot easier to just extract the .ini than to go through the settings again.
I'd like to see the creators of Siege fix these problems though - I really want to play this gametype.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
captainrad said:
heh why a zip file?

just because it's easier to archive/compress files I want to backup with that (actually, I uses winRAR anyway, but people identify with ".zip" better as an archiver...)

KanoBlade

Apr 13, 2004
Same thing happened to me, the bots camped and no menu would come up :|

i noticed a batch file in the system directory and uninstalled it, does anyone know if this fixes the slowness in BR and other things it messed up?

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
I just think that Seige is flawed, and needs to be debugged. The question is: how did these bugs make it past a Beta test?

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
Has anyone of you read the readme or at least the installation-insturctions (http://fire.prohosting.com/siege2k3/Documentation.html)?
1. Exectue the SetupSiege.bat.
2. Execute the StartSiege.bat to start the game.
3. Use no bots - doesnt work and slows down the game (stated in the readme, too).
4. Change the serverpackages ONLY if you want to host a server (hey, they are called serverpackages, not clientpackages).
5. Siege doesnt do ANY changes to your original ut2004.ini - It just copies your ut2004.ini to create a modified one.

...arrrr, this is very frustating.

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005
ok, if anyone still whants to play this game im trying to bring back community
i have a 10 person server (not a home server)
the IP is ut2004://66.165.126.214:7777, hope to see some people their
even tho this thred it 2 years old

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
dp owns seige. I am a witness. I installed it amd have had no problems, mostly because I read the readme. :)

Oh, we should do a PUG for seige, or at least organise a game or two. its a lot of fun from waht little I can do with the no one i have to play.

Lastly, the meat level is called Slaughterhouse.

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005
well, sory guys, but they took it off my server, i guess its a bit of a banwith hog, im trying to get a new server that i could host it on, but i need some money first

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005
=/ yea, sorry man, once i get some money ill get a server that will run it
but money is hard to come by when you dont have a job. if only i wasent so lazy =/

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005
ok, i got a new serrver up, its just a temp one for now, but it will be up 24/7 intill the time runs out and then i get a new server
IP: 66.165.126.227
thats the IP, hope to see some people their

ok, ANYONE that whats to play this AIM (blindrob123) me or MSN(blindrob@hotmail.com) at

we realy need to get this mod going, spreed the word

Last edited: