Disabling Skyboxes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
Is there any way to disable skyboxes (completely) without editing maps? What I want to do is have a solid color (light blue?) for all the maps, instead of looking at a pixelated sky landscape. Since I use the lowest texture settings it would look better without the sky and landscape. Any solutions?

Sorry, I know this may be a dumb question to most people. Especially for those who are lucky enough to own a powerful computer; to have UT rendered with max settings. :)

stefan

May 24, 2000
Visit site
After all this time tweaking and gaming, i still dont know what a skybox is. Is it only something from unrealEd, a name that suggests more than it means?

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
No you'd have to edit the mpa in UEd. I don't have enough knowledge of code to know if you could make a script or mod which would do that. But as far as right now goes, I can say with a lot of confidence there is no utility out there that allows this. Try bumping your world detail to medium and your players to lowest instead. Or drop down in res and bump it up.

Oh and a skybox is the sky you see in most out door levels. It's basically a seperate box not joined in anyway to the level with the appropriate textures. You set certain parts of the level to display the skybox. That way you can look at the sky from differnt parts of the level and it'll look the same.

stefan

May 24, 2000
Visit site
Thank you OshadowO,

but what is this ugly cube shaped sky I notice in Kgalleon
Any idea? It looks like looking through an icecube, from the inside!
This is the only map that I have seen this on, and i associated it with skybox, because of the box like sight.