UE3 - UT3 Crashing when I try to "Play from Here"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xRaen

Mar 10, 2009
After the Titan pack and the patch associated with that, I've had some major problems with the Editor. And by "problems" I mean problem, but it's a big enough pain in the ass that I'm counting it as multiple.

Basically, when I right click somewhere and try to "Play from Here", the Editor crashes (specifically, a message comes up saying it isn't responding). I'm not 100% sure if this also happens if I put a player start in the map and then try to play using the player start, but I'm guessing it does. I'll test when I get home this afternoon.

So does anybody have any idea what is causing this? I have all my drivers updated, and I've tried every fix I can think of, barring reinstalling (which I'd like to avoid, if possible).

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Assuming you've tried deleting the editor's .ini's and your map has a proper gametype prefix, try going into the autosaves folder and deleting the uedpie saves.

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
Something else to try is hitting the save button right before you try to play it (even if you just saved or even if it's a stock map where you "bumped" something (don't worry, the editor won't overwrite stock maps, it'll just save a separate copy somewhere).

So yeah, always hit 'save' before trying to playtest (even if you just started up and haven't even made changes!)

xRaen

Mar 10, 2009
Interestingly enough, the saving thing worked! It turns out that, after I patched the game, I needed to open up my maps and re-save them in the patched editor. Who would have thought it would be that simple. Thanks for the help!