CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Because they're new and they suck?

Man, what a waste of the 1000th post in this thread. :(

It should be noted, because I feel like ranting about it, that the dude who went by Spazzmo was the most annoying low-skiller I can recall in recent games. He didn't do anything that was particularly skillful (his movement was bad and he sat in place a lot), but it seems he was always camping near or just past the corner I was coming around with his red-dot MP5.

Campers usually don't sway me in any way, but for some reason he caught me off-guard more that match than anyone in recent memory. Annoying little sh*t. :/

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
My god, why do almost all low levels have such bad scores all the time.:(

Might have something to do with being new to the game and not having all the perks and unlocks everyone else does.

Perks are an interesting idea, but they end up being like Battlefield unlocks where if you don't have them, you're disadvantaged, and that's now how FPS games are supposed to work.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Well, you're not really disadvantaged.

Stopping Power, Steady Aim, and Deep Impact are available from the start, and the early weapons -- M16A4, MP5, and M40A3 -- are very deadly. In fact, after many months of play, two of those three are in my current class lineup (MP5 and M40A3). The M16A4 is great for defensive play, but I like being aggressive. Too aggressive, actually; usually ends up getting me in trouble.

Point is that the things that you unlock mostly don't hinder you much by being unavailable. They (perks especially) allow for more customization and to "role play" a bit, but Stopping Power and Deep Impact/Steady Aim is a staple of CoD4 that is available from the start. Guns like the P90 and Barrett, though available toward the end, aren't actually better, per se. It's just a stigma people have attached to them.

The only thing I'd probably miss from starting over at level 1 is Bandolier, but even that isn't a requirement since you can pick up any gun you want.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Well, you're not really disadvantaged.

Stopping Power, Steady Aim, and Deep Impact are available from the start, and the early weapons -- M16A4, MP5, and M40A3 -- are very deadly. In fact, after many months of play, two of those three are in my current class lineup (MP5 and M40A3). The M16A4 is great for defensive play, but I like being aggressive. Too aggressive, actually; usually ends up getting me in trouble.

Point is that the things that you unlock mostly don't hinder you much by being unavailable. They (perks especially) allow for more customization and to "role play" a bit, but Stopping Power and Deep Impact/Steady Aim is a staple of CoD4 that is available from the start. Guns like the P90 and Barrett, though available toward the end, aren't actually better, per se. It's just a stigma people have attached to them.

The only thing I'd probably miss from starting over at level 1 is Bandolier, but even that isn't a requirement since you can pick up any gun you want.

This is the exact thing I was going to post, thanks T :]]]]]

Here is another recent game:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2792/asdfgscormq7.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

And here is that glare stuff I was talking about:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1279/asdfglarezf3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
125 fps? i believe i get half of that.

asdf wat. I need to get you on xfire or irc or something and get your config straightened out. Do you have either of those?

I'm attaching my config for lulz, back up yours and try mine just to see how many fps you can get with it. And if you or someone else likes it and change the controls around and start testing it out on servers, you may need to know a few things
1. The 3 button is used for toggling "r_drawdecals". If servers are enforcing it on they will warn you before they kick you out so just hit 3 if it's off. That will turn it back on.
2. The 2 button is used for toggling 125fps and 100fps. If I have good net or on LAN I turn it to 125 to do a jump that needs that many fps then turn it back to 100 since I have "cl_maxpackets" at 100. With maxpackets and fps both at 100 it sends a packet every frame and it feels like I get better reg with it. (at home I just keep it at 125fps and maxpacket at 30 since my net is horrible and gets too bogged down with those settings resulting in a higher ping and me dying more :c Pretty much anyone with any half modern internet connection should be fine with those settings)

Attachments

• defeat_cod4_config.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
drugscocaine is my xfire. The name is from an old clan i was in. I'll be on later, i need to get to sleep for an early day at work. YAY!!!!

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Oh, that glare is always there, just like the shiny stuff in Pipeline above the stairs in building 2. It's to prevent people from sniping away while damn near completely hidden, I think. It keeps snipers right by windows rather than deep inside the building.

r_glow makes it a little worse, I believe.

Attachments

• shot0091.jpg
    shot0091.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 23

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Oh that effect, that is the game's cheap alternative to the HDR effect while indoors. It doesn't bother me and I'd guess that is because I must not find myself very often in positions where it hinders me. Yeah, it keeps people from sniping in the back of rooms too but I don't know if that is why its there. I guess I never really notice it because I friggen hate crossfire and its not nearly as severe in most of the other maps.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I just got permabanned from the server I've been playing on the past week for -- get this -- having spaces in my name.

S P A M F E S T

How dumb. The ban message said to see an admin at their site, so I was forced to waste my time and register over at their forum to post about it even though I'll never post there again when this debacle is over.

WTF. I mean, W T F.

Mar 6, 2004
Man, i sucked tonight. 1:2 or 1:3 ratios.I am either seriously retarded or my brain is a huge drama queen and needs to stop being a b****!!!! the moment i say this is how skilled i am, i mean how bad i am i have lost....i'll never ever tell myself i am finished unless it's a few years of 1:10 ratios. I wanna be consistent, not streaky. No few months or weeks of playing good all the time, followed by months and months or weeks playing like i can't play and the worst FPSer on the planet. I'm the only person who i know who plays this streaky. I want a new brain!!! this one is broken.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If you only play for your ratio, don't play at all, if you ever notice that your team is getting a rape for sucking, try switching constantly until some noob get auto switched rather than yourself for unbalancing the teams on purpose. The auto switch rate can give you some time to get a few kills and by-pass it.

It's all for the teams man. I can have 80K-20D'ish if my team is good, if there's constant rape like heli's over us non stop, with **** tons of air strike, I don't see how it is possible to make a 80-20.

Mar 6, 2004
If you only play for your ratio, don't play at all, if you ever notice that your team is getting a rape for sucking, try switching constantly until some noob get auto switched rather than yourself for unbalancing the teams on purpose. The auto switch rate can give you some time to get a few kills and by-pass it.

It's all for the teams man. I can have 80K-20D'ish if my team is good, if there's constant rape like heli's over us non stop, with **** tons of air strike, I don't see how it is possible to make a 80-20.

I play TDM so it's all about K: D. I also rush, rush, and more rush. I have no idea how to put a demo on youtube of me playing, i don't wanna do it loading through sony vegas, or windowss movie maker, and break the clips up..takes too much time.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
CoD4 is not a game about aim or reaction time. It's a game about positioning and tactics. You play smart you do well; you play dumb you die a lot.

Barring, of course, any completely unbalanced games in which you can't move without being taken out by a heli or air strike, but that's another issue.

Rushing is fine if you do it intelligently. Otherwise you're just rushing to your death.

Mar 6, 2004
CoD4 is not a game about aim or reaction time. It's a game about positioning and tactics. You play smart you do well; you play dumb you die a lot.

Barring, of course, any completely unbalanced games in which you can't move without being taken out by a heli or air strike, but that's another issue.

Rushing is fine if you do it intelligently. Otherwise you're just rushing to your death.

That must be my problem. Playing smart...i don't get it. I play and all i think of is going out there shooting. I watch videos and they all seem the same, people just run out like me. Sometimes if i am in trouble i bunny hop, but that's frowned apon. I'm not completly hopeless, if i die twice at the same spot from the same guy i move someplace else.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Here's an example of FAIL team.

Oh and this guy has the worse ****ing K/D ratio I have ever seen..

5/83
I feel alright!