UE3 - UT3 Materials disappearing when publishing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Asura

May 3, 2008
Finally managed to get my map ready to be published tonight; I put it through the publishing process but for some reason, one of my static meshes (of which there are two copies in the map) and a water plane both have their materials replaced with the default null material in the published map. I've opened up Unreal again to check the materials were applied correctly and they seem to be.

It's strange as one of the materials is also used in the terrain (the faulty mesh is a rock) and it's displaying perfectly ok there.

If someone could please tell me if they've had this problem, and how to fix it, it would be of massive help to me - as this is the very last thing I need to do to this map before it's finished.

Asura

May 3, 2008
I should also add that the two materials that are absent in the cooked map are Epic's materials, not my own, so I don't have them saved in my level's package. Should that matter?

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
Did you accidentally use the Fallback version of a stock Material?

You dont have to duplicate/save any stock content over to your map file in order to use it, it will be referenced correctly in the stock packages.