A couple other things...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
One thing I hope they totally stay away from is the new popularity of "weapon sway" in games these days. Not the bob as you walk.. I'm talking about when you turn quickly and the gun has to "catch up." I usually play with hidden weapons anyways but I know when the game is new I'll play with them showing to see all the new animations and such...
Just annoys the crap outta me and I just hope they don't decide to institute it in the new game.

What I WOULD like to see though is the return of FUN mutators. Most of the ones that ship with 2k3-2k4 are stock in any game and unimaginative. Like Big Head... what game DOESNT have a big head feature... FATBOY was the shiznit. I guess it was deemed "not competitive" or something. Or like a mutator that would respawn all players at their bases in ctf when someone capped. It would be a small change mutator-wise but would greatly affect gameplay and be fun to have multiple ways to play the same gametype.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Pogo - IH/SG jumping about and the only way to frag is to land on someone's head!
Boogity - Daredevil/Tony Hawks style awards for when you use IH/SG Jumps :p.
ComboBoost - the more you've run/changed angle/spun aim the bigger your combos
Sneeze - Longer you live the colder you get the more times you'll sneeze out goo blobs randomly - could end up rather hilarious, especially with pogo.
Visual thing - Character does a B&W style change depending on the contribution to the team's goals. Would also kinda highlight the other team's most effective players.
Anti-Grav - flip the FOV upside down and make people run on the ceiling, pickups drop to the roof... Would be kinda hazardous in open skybox maps :B
Decalstay / gore / extragibbage / extemedeath - basically lots of extra explosive, gibby, nasty, bloody goodness added to standard in game gore/explosions/vehicle deaths...

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
hey ... I'd love to see true iron-sights, gun-sway and all that stuff in an unrealistic game like UT/Envy.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
UT99 was still unreal and it didn't need no crazy trickjumping, anyway you condsider allowing full rotational control in midair so you could sommersault and shoot people as in the matrix or avoid headshots, but the jumping in UT2kx doesn't work well with the hitscan weapons or player to map scale.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
not as much by far, and it wasn't neccisary to have good game,
and yes it is the messed up scale in 2kx maps that ruins the game.
they need to find a happy medium between the ut99 scale and the ut2kx scale and put in a very intuitive dodge jumping system that casual players can use, at epic. bigger player models too

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
gregori said:
not as much by far, and it wasn't neccisary to have good game,
and yes it is the messed up scale in 2kx maps that ruins the game.
they need to find a happy medium between the ut99 scale and the ut2kx scale and put in a very intuitive dodge jumping system that casual players can use, at epic. bigger player models too

i don't get this post because for all i know every model can dodge ? like the person above me sed state a point o_O and yes some fun mutators would be nice (i want a upgraded toiletcar in a mutator!)

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
everybody can dodge true, this is handled a lot easier in other games though their isn't as much of a learning curve for doing complex trick jumps for the casual player, ut2kx was one of the most difficult fps i've learned in this respect,

anyway any idiot can tell you the map to playersize scale in 2kx was terrible, just plain wrong, even epic will tell you this__ they're are trying to fix it,
in 2kx they compensated for this by making the movements rediculous, you find your self half the time fighting at dots in distance, instead of in your face kill or be killed action.

not fun for average gamer this ut2kx lark

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
:lol:

gregori said:
in 2kx they compensated for this by making the movements rediculous, you find your self half the time fighting at dots in distance, instead of in your face kill or be killed action.
Totally backwards there, guy. The addition of the double jump meant that players could now jump after a dodge. This enabled people to move five times their body height in one movement. To compensate for this, they had to make maps bigger. Bigger maps make the same-sized players look small. Bigger maps also lessened the effectiveness of flak and rockets and upped the effectiveness of hitscan, because in order for a hallway to big wide enough to fit the new movements, it had to be three times wider than it would have otherwise.

What was this thread about...?

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
doesn't matter if it's backwards or not it amounts to the same thing
chasing dot is no fun, too much hitscan sucks for the average gamer
flak and rockets dont function as they should

in the demo video from 2001 the arena where still enormous copared to the size of player
before they even had all the dodge moves in.