OMG so many Noobs!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOWhammer

(NOW)Hammer
Hi all, was wondering if you guys have considered putting the XMP Tutorial back in the install file and game menu, as there are alot of UT2K4 players downloading XMP and not having a clue what they are suppose to do apart from run around and kill people.
Also with the issue of death and revival, maybe use the old animation from original XMP when someone has fallen and waiting to be revived? The getting killed, falling to the ground and then standing up again is a bit much.. ROFL

Good job guys with the conversion and thanks to all the trouble for doing this off your own backs for us the end users. I have looked around the forums and believe you guys at FreeMonkeys haven't been given enough credit where it's due. Consider all of us who have downloaded it and played it, then submitted bugs haven't always been forth coming with our appreciation.

Peace

Hammer

[_X_]BULLDOG

Jul 23, 2004
NOWhammer said:
Hi all, was wondering if you guys have considered putting the XMP Tutorial back in the install file and game menu, as there are alot of UT2K4 players downloading XMP and not having a clue what they are suppose to do apart from run around and kill people.
Also with the issue of death and revival, maybe use the old animation from original XMP when someone has fallen and waiting to be revived? The getting killed, falling to the ground and then standing up again is a bit much.. ROFL

Good job guys with the conversion and thanks to all the trouble for doing this off your own backs for us the end users. I have looked around the forums and believe you guys at FreeMonkeys haven't been given enough credit where it's due. Consider all of us who have downloaded it and played it, then submitted bugs haven't always been forth coming with our appreciation.

Peace

Hammer

You have place this post in the bug report, we place bugs as FMI ask ppl to add there findings, so FMI can work on a patch for us. you will find most of us DO give FMI credit,
you should of put your post in the General Discussion, not in the bug report, as it is hard to look for the real bug reports.
come on guys dont make the job hard for FMI to read the bug reports with general discussion in the bug report posts..
Anyway as for your post yes there are some ppl dont give enough credit to FMI

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
I seem to remember dubious saying that they were working on a new in-game tutorial (it was in the scripting phase)... although i can't find where he said it. Should come out with subsequent patches.

Although there is a text based guide, i doubt many ppl are gonna sit there and read it-- i know i wouldn't. I learnt from the U2 in-game tutorial and that is definately the best way to go.

edit:-
Found it...
The original plan included a tutorial level. In fact its all scripted and programming started on it, but there was simply no time to get it done. Perhaps later.

Last edited:

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Reading the online manual, ( http://www.free-monkey.com/main/manual ) will help a great deal for the newcomers to the game. The sentences describing everything you need to know about the game are short, concise, and portray the idea well. It took me a full 4-5 minutes to read over the entire thing when they first posted the link. Granted I already knew what everything was and did, but regardless.. it's a good introduction to the game.

Check it out.

Malvos

[FnG]Malvos
Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Don't forget alot of new players may not know about the revive option, I have seen death symbols on the minimap but chances are players just click fire and try to respawn right away. Try to help new players out so they don't get frustrated and quit and we are left with a small community of only U2:XMP players.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Haha. But you cant deny that having noobs is somewhat amusing. Im seeing turrets facing walls and spammage of force fields around unhackable deply points. Oh the memories of U2XMP on its 1st week. Noobs are funny:D

We must all be patient and help them cause noobs have feelings too. :)

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
communist said:
Some funny pics like the ones that people made when UT2004 was released explaining how to play & win in ONS could help aswell Imho.

Ah, the ONS-IN-6 .gif's eh? Something like that can be done rather easily, but we'll need to wait for the game to have more of it's uh, finer points, honed in before creating it due to some of the bugs/stuff not yet implemented. Hell, I'll do it. Just wait till next patch \o/

AngelSaphire

UT Newbie/Eldar Farseer/Anime lover
Dec 12, 2004
Please do so, I let a noob drive me back to base beacause I ahd a Relic, the person then circles back TO the enemy base........ :instagib:

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
communist said:
Some funny pics like the ones that people made when UT2004 was released explaining how to play & win in ONS could help aswell Imho.

XMP-IN-6 ? I can hardly imagine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.