The story of the space Station "Deep Space Proxima Alpha"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
hangar bays checked out, shuttles are lined up nice and tidy i was joined by thrakhath a minute after i finished my inspection and he informed me of a possible sabotage, he showed me the evidence. even a n00b engineer couldn't mess that up. ive never seen such fake wiring even from my 3 years in charge of engineering on the Marek. we recorded data from the terminal and got all clues we could about whats going on, if they are tappin the com lines i suggest NO COMMAND/CRITICAL COMMUNICATER communication. i will imform the captain in the morning i daren't go near him just yet. im heading to main engineering now to help out with upgrades and construction. this stations takin shape now we have lights on all decks and working systems.

Gah, 8472's "kid" is really annoying, maybe I can do every one a favor and slice his spine open... I could use another skull in my collection... and then jettison the body into space, no biggie.

I am now in the process of remaking all of the weapons I created for the Starship, and its not going well. I am lacking several key components I need... I shall post a list later.

What the hell is with the replicator? This is worse than the Eternaty's replicator....

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Ok ok OK! I've almost got the replicaters going, just give me a few more hours. As to the parts . . . . What’d ya need? I’ll see what we got, which is not much right now, but you can still ask. : )

All of a sudden:
“WEEEEEE” “WEEEEEE” “WEEEEEE” “WEEEEEE”
(computer: ) “Explosion in the mess hall, explosion in the mess hall”

Dang it! What now!?

I rush to the mess hall, to fid that the capt’n’s kid found his way to the tanqulien brandy, and got it too close to the gorgonilen ale. A mixture which all bar tenders and chemists know well. As well as knowing the associated stinky and sticky stuff that goes everywhere when it explodes. I knew it was him as he was the only one behind the bar (besides stryker, who was grabbing him, and looked about to strangle him) when I got there.

“Hey hey, settle down, we can’t have some one die out here. Do you know how much paperwork would have to be filed for that!?”

“Ok beerbaron, I think we have a reason to throw him in the brig now.”

Now, I’d better get to those replicators before anyone else pesters me. If I’m lucky, I might get ‘em fixed before all the ruckus dies down.

Karsehole

Flibbiddydibbiddydob
May 3, 2001
Wezep, The Netherlands
Visit site
Damn, that beerbaron-creep is getting kinda agressive. When I finally saw my father (drunk) beerbaron suddenly jumped at me and he put a knife to my throat. My father told him to stop. It seemed like he didn't know he had a son, I don't blame him for that (who wants to stay with a 3 boobed hooker anyway?).

A few hours ago I was in the bar. Some guy named Stryker told me I was too young to have a GOOD drink. So when he wasn't looking I wanted to make a nice cocktail of brandy and ale. It gave some kind of a chemical reaction and now I still see spots. Beerbaron got very mad and at the moment he is taking me to some place, he hasn't told me what place (I think that if I ask now, my a$$ is dead).

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
my god, i'v had a traumatic experience, The captains son came in to my bar the other day, wanting some drinks, i tell him do you have any id? He gives me this fake-id with the picture of a Domesto on it, I said to him it wasn't valid, he asked why, i told him that a Domesto is made out of 90% water and 10% brains, and that he didn't fitted the description, he walked away mad.
Since all of the Neridian bars were out, i had to go make a delivery at the main promenade, i thought i closed the bar, but it seems Disturbedcreation got in somehow, and mixed the tanqulien brandy with some of my strongest gorgonilen ale, causing a chemical reaction, and it blowed up in his face. I saw him laying on the floor covered with the stuff. I'll have to take full responsibility of what happend there, it was my fault, i thought i closed the bar, wonder what the cap't will say.
I'v been unable to find that phazor, perhaps the explosion could have caused it to fly away or something, i'd better report this to the security officer.

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com
Well lost couple of days lots of things have been going on. Like there is prolly a saboteur on board, Disturbedcreation messing up in the bar, everybody getting drunk (exept me offcourse). I really have to have a lil word with Mr.TTRStryker8 about what he puts in what he calls "drinks" because the replicator's are running overtime at morning, producing those Anti-hangover-hormones i invented (pretty proud of that....). Also after creating that almost deadly 'cocktail' (maybe he was making a molotovcocktail! get it? molotovCOCKTAIl!............ah nevermind.......) the cappy's boy is seeing spots. I didn't cure him, he can live with that. I myself have been seeing numerous colours the last days too. I wonder if Chief Engineer Thrakhath has something to do with that......mmm.........
For the rest i've been spending most of my time in the holodecks with that blond babe from engineering...........officer Kilham is really very good in creating lifelike hologram h0's.............
MEDICAL HOLOGRAM REPORTING OUT.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
well, big mess at the bar captains kid seems to be responsible, the sercurity camera ( yes they are everywhere... but thats not sercurity's cameras in your showers) got covered in gunge before the accident happened. ive arranged a trip to found the wreck of the nautilus and bring some if not all back. id be happy to bring the whole ship here and let them pull it to bits to get this station lookin more like a station, but if theres leftovers which im sure they would be, we can have at least one more ship.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
The kid is making nothing than trouble. Now I learned that he almost destroyed a bar mixing a drink. Not only that he is too young for alcohol, but the explosion destroyed all all supplies of romulan ale and iradian beer!...agony...my two most favorite drinks....gone..vanished...someone will pay for that.

DeaJea came to me and reported that starfleet scout ships found the wreck of an alien ship nearby. First scans indicate that the ship is Iconian. That was a powerful race who ruled over the know galaxy hundreds of thousands of years ago. With us being the nearest starfleet facility, I ordered Lt.s Myrmidion, DeaJea and Trakkath to take a shuttle and start a salvage operation. The mission is very dangerous as the ship is located behing the Zonitopian border near a blackhole. Why do I have this feeling that I won't see anyone of them again?
As secondary mission I ordered them to resupply us with romulan ale by any means neccessary. I heard there are cheap stores on Gralek XII, and that's only a small 30 lighyears detour.

After the shock in the bar, I decided to pay a visit to the holodecks. However I immedialtely noticed a malfunction. It seems the holographic projectors aren't calibrated right as the breats of the holohookers are definatly smaller than the parameters in the programm state. I sent a call to engineering to fix that.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Urgent report to Captain 8-4-7-2

Dear Captain

Due to the recent bar happenings, i would like to redeem myself and voloteer to go with the away mission. I know a couple of friend in Zonitopia, and perhaps they could resupply us with romulan ale, so we don't have to take that little detour.
Also i'm going to need some1 to attend the bar while i'm away, might i suggest we reprogram the EMH, it could serve well in my opinion.
Let me know when i'm supposed to be in docking bay

Thx in advance

--The bartender--

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Capt'n ordered me to stop packing for the salvage opperation to fix the holodeck controls. I hate fixing holodecks. Whoever made them, made it hard to fool with them. I was lucky this time as it turned out to be a faily simple problem.

Of course, if I had been drinking like everyone else, I wouldn't have been able to fix it so quickly.

The Capt'n seems VERY happy that I got it fixed, and he also dropped two other projects on me. Dang it!

The first is to reprogram the EMH, so that while we're gone, they can have a bar tender. This didn't seem so bad, since it would give me a chance to get of the EMH's good side, which would come in handy if I ever need my life saved.

So I head up to sick bay and have a chat. He seemed to like the idea, so I began the opperation. After about an hour, I was able to make room for every drink recipe in the ships database, by removing only a few unneeded systems from him program. Such as breathing and hair. I told him bartenders look good bald and I think he seemed to like the change, something different. I also told him that if he didn't like it, he could have whatever style he wanted when I got back.

However, the second task was not anywhere near so pleasant. He TOLD me to take DesturbedCreation (what a great name for the kid) with us on the salvage opperation. I think he might be hopeing for another accident which will get rid of his desturbing problem.

I for one, am not too happy about that, one, because that makes me a baby-sitter, and two, I'm not the type who likes to get people killed. But who knows, maybe the experince will make a bit of a man out of him.

And although I trust DeaJay's flying ability, and I really don't think that that perticular black hole will be trouble, I'm still taking the one singularity generator. If anything goes wrong, I can use it to get us out, and it might also help with the salvage. I'm also paccing my personally modifed ARX-986-P gun. A personal favorite of mine, can be easiliy adapted for nearly any kind of projectile, everthing from .22 rounds to Redeemer! Oh yeah!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
As I had this terrible feeling that the away mission will fail, I will send some more people with them. That should make the chances for a sucess much higher.
Stryker came to me and asked to be assigned to the salvage mission. He has great experience with barkeeping, so he should be prefect for the shop. And immediatly he came up with some nice contacts within the Zonitopian empire. I only told him not to run into any military vessels or he would sign his funeral, even if I havetrust in Myrmidion's flying skills.
To keep the bar running and the morale up, Trakkath is modiying the EMH. He is baldy now, but if he keeps making good drinks that's no problem. And as Trakkath removed his breathing routines we don't have to deal with his stinky breath anymore.
Las, I send my son with the away team. That will keep him from me, and if they fail I have one problem less.
The away team is to report at docking bay 6 at 0800 tomorrow morning.

I heard rumours about a saboteur tinkering with various system. Security should keep a look on that. I witnessed that stranger in the bar, reading technical manuals. That is very suspicous to me.
Also the repair in the ops are going fine. We only need to more holographic projectors to create some strippers.

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
"Hey Thrakhath , before you go, Ive been reading into the ships manifest right back to the early documents. It seems this old freighter was a trading ship from The Free Colonies Trading Federation (before it colllapsed and was taken over by the Zonitopian Empire)."

"Uh huh"

It was captured 178 years ago in the early border wars when it had just a SH-TE Fusion Ram Drive (you know the area thats still quarantined on decks 12-14 above the new warp drive)."

"Aye"

Any way, believe it or not she was previously called The Virgin Princessess and that explains the non regulation positioning of the lettering on the hull."

"Yes.! They were saving paint!"

"You think they scrimped on more than paint to bring her up to fleet auxiliary status?."

"He he."

"I think youre right there."

"Anyhow .Good luck with the salvage.See you in 3 days time...Tarantella ..out."

Karsehole

Flibbiddydibbiddydob
May 3, 2001
Wezep, The Netherlands
Visit site
My father wasn't to happy about my little accident in the bar. I can't help it. My mother has three boobs filled with alcohol and I was breastfed as a baby, I'm not used to being without alcohol. Most people here do not seem to like me. I guess that's the reason that my father told me to go on some mission. I don't mind though, when they see my skills in combat they don't want to lose me.
I sure hope beerbaron won't be coming with us, seeing he especially hates my guts.
Maybe it wasn't very smart after all to come along.

Gah....this kid is begging for a shiv in his throat.... oh well, he's going out on that salvage mission(Not a good idea imho) so maybe I can cool off while we do some repairs on the bar.

Someone has been stealing parts and tech manuals from supply and a few of the repair bays.... thankfully I have just completed work on my new weapon, the basic double barrel shotgun. Using some chemicals found in the bar explosion, I have found an excellent source of gun powder and shot. Also, it lacks power to penetrate the hull, perfect for CQB.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
I tore myself free of the same nightmare. Struggling back to consciousness I found the alarm had failed, and was already 3 hours late for my first day on duty.
As many things around here seemed ready to fail I didn't consider it too surprising at thae time.With only a few minutes spent to change into uniform I was looking very unlike a senior officer when I arrived in the kitchens of Deck 16.

Long since made obsolete by the use of replicators, they were ideally placed on the outer of the station to allow access to space for any 'toys' I might need to play with.
Conversion into a laboratory of high-energy weapon research seemed distant, and my confidence in this choice for a base weakened as I hit my head against a large copper pan hanging near the door. Yes, a lot of work would be needed, and in much less time than I wuld have liked.

The good news in yesterday's conversation was that we weren't here as some punishment for past errors, as in some kind of floating Siberia. The bad news was the threat was very real, and time was not on our side.

I sat wearily in the chair next to the newly installed terminal and started going through the morning's reports. There seemed to be qute a lot.
'SS Proxima Alpha Stardate....' I stared at it for some time before it made any sense. I wasn't 3 hours late, but twenty seven . This explained why I was still tired, somebody had spiked my drink last...no, the night before last. Things were happening a bit too fast round here.
Reports of petty sabotage, accidents and strange malfunctions. A report that the crates in the cargo bay had been tampered with, my help was required to do a full scan there - yesterday. The wreck of an Iconian warshp found, and a salvage mission in progress. One of the Singularity generators had already left the station. Ar$e, with my luck it would be the wrong one.

I went through the list again.

Badly hacked tap on the comms system,
Crates tampered with in Cargo 3,
Snails in the wiring above the bar,
Random replicator faults.

I added to the list -
Deepershade's bot being 'reprogrammed'
The disabling of the alarm in my quarters
The 'fix' in my drink - I can't remember much about that night...
The 'accident' in the bar -
I somehow doubted a kid from the Danieb system would have made such a mistake. Possibly the bottles were switched - but any evidence of that was destroyed.

I think it's time to have a word with our captain, despite orders. Things are getting too hot round here.
First i'll have to check over the cargo bay and see if my luck's run out with the singularity gen, then I hit the holodeck - 8472 seems to spend most of his time there, and I have a new err.. program to test for myself anyway.

On the way to the cargo deck I remembered the captain's videogame addiction from the Eternaty days.......
Smiling to myself as I remembered all those nights he could be heard screaming 'yes oh YES frag me again Lucy!' I almost missed seeing somebody - or thing - move into the shadows as the doors to the cargo bay opened.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
The Day before it happend

Well, report tomorrow at docking bay 6 at 0800 tomorrow morning was the message, i hope we get a briefing before that, cause the mission objectives were rather blurry and i would like some background information of the species we might encounter
I'v send a audio only transmission to my bud down in Zonitopia
They have confirmed the order and want to get paid with holo-sex, since when they breed they die afterwards
So perhaps we'll be needing the EMH, but he's going to have to be modified, i'll call Trakhath, hope he doesn't mind.
TIP: if the EMH doesn't want to cooperate, delete his ethical sub routines ;)
I hope we have a holo mobile emiter laying around somewhere.

|pOt|fArMeRx

3rd degree CD burns
Jun 12, 2001
canada eh
http
FarmerX awakens in a stupor... still half drunk

the beeping of his private intercom device awakens him.

* static *

" FarmerX what is your status ?!? " asks an intimidating voice
" uhhhhh... i dont have it yet ..."
"whaaat!! wtf are you doing, stay away from that bar and get the device or I'll come and kill you myself !!!!!"
**end transmission**

thinking to himself.... im in way over my head here, that bar scene was ****in nuts... this place scares me, what I have to steal scares me...what the hell does it do ? singularity generator.... what the hell......

i might as well get some rest.......

Myrmidion

Re-edifying the post-panarchic duodonemy
Jan 28, 2001
First day of real duty today, so, in the absence of anything real to do at the moment, I took the shuttles out for a spin. It was worse then I care to remember. Half of them have practically no push, so by the time the engines get you going to a reasonable speed you have to spin and apply thrust in the opposite direction to be able to get back to the station. Another one seems to be in workable condition, but has practically no heat-sinks on it, which could prove to be a very important point.

At least one of them works, but I'm going to need to service them, with the help of Engineer Whatshisface. Oh well, I guess that that's one thing that needs to be done before this place finishes looking like a dump and actually looks like a space station.

Still awaiting arrival of that patrol boat, hope it's here soon, because we're going to need some more defences, I reckon that we should start mounting heavy weaponry on the station itself, if the fact that the station would crack up under the recoil effect wasn't true. Need to improve that big time, before someone minces us up.

Oh well, I guess that it'll get done, at some point.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
well, id like to go thru a modification i did to one of the larger shuttles, a kinda speed boost, i think the engineers might be impressed with it
this is not my old ship tho, it appears to be smaller and older.
well, the captain hasn't said who's leadin the away mission but i suspect trouble, but i don't want to risk any1's lifes, so i suggest not taking many ppl. weapons needed, we are takin two large shuttles with weapon pods, engineering has provided me with a list of needed parts.
100 quataum accelerator
1000 rubber gloves (auth'ed by captain???)
type 6 fusion reactor (ya b lucky.)
all the alcohol (ugh@ engineerin)
if i can ill try and bring the ship back, crew roster at the mo.
ensign- that one who gets killed every hour.
engineer tyscholath dieeveryhour.

oh and one basic holoemitter, i built one for my starfleet technical exam.

Karsehole

Flibbiddydibbiddydob
May 3, 2001
Wezep, The Netherlands
Visit site
Tomorrow's the big day. People seem to take less notice of me the last few hours, I'm quite happy with that (I'm too young to die). The die-hard fighter pilot on the station, Myrmidion, has taken the shuttles for a little cruise, only one of 'em seemed to work allright. Looks like I'm not gonna get in action, since everyone (including myself) agrees that Myrmidion is the best fighter we have. The only working shuttle will be his.

I heard that beerbaron won't be joining us, I am very happy with that. I heard that Stryker will be joining us, maybe I can get him to give me a drink.

Damn, those spots caused by my little accident in the bar just won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.