Adding ping to bots??!!??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
I cant tell you where I read it at but I did read where you could if you were running a server start up the game so you could put yourself into that game with a say 200ms delay instead of a 0 ping making it look like a ping of 200..one of the makers said something about this maybe at the unreal tech page..it may say something about bots there and adding ping..(i dont think so though)

Akaimizu

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
I haven't seen any information regarding that. So far, there's no way to add ping to bots. However, you can change the difficulty level of bots. That does, sort of, balance out ping. The speed and reaction times change based on level, so you may be able to use that.

It's not the same, but I don't know if you can really effectively program ping time for bots. I mean, what methods would you use? I can see the programmers saying, "Whuh?"if I asked them that.

-- Akaimizu

Status
Not open for further replies.